Info on BARF diet please - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Info on BARF diet please

I would like to know more about this diet. I don't have a dog, but this is something new to me and i'd like to learn more. I did a search but i never came up with facts. Only people saying if they agree with it or not. I would like facts and info only. Any good websites?

Thanks a bunch.

:singing:

Psst...I have baby ringneck doves for sale! Pieds and an albino! Contact me for availability and pricing! Shipping can be worked out!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 11:35 AM

Here is a link for you it gives you FAQ's obviously from people that are completely for it but it shows you what they do http://www.rawlearning.com/

Here is another link with pictures http://www.auntjeni.com/barf.htm

Last edited by Dena; 01-11-2004 at 11:37 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 12:47 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

Quote:
I would like facts and info only.
Good luck. When I started researching for my cats, I couldn't get any of the facts straight because everyone seems to have a slightly different diet. When I inquired about the nutritional requirements of cats I was told that "everything would work out in the end" and was never really given a straight answer. And this was on a large Yahoo group with many experienced feeders. I decided not to feed BARF because I did not feel comfortable simply going on testimonials. I hope that it is different with dogs, but be warned, you are going to come across TONS of contradictory information. There is also a Yahoo group for BARF dogs...I think it's called raw dogs?

Candice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Adolescent Pup

It's always best to talk to your vet before you put any pet on a BARF diet. I used to feed my dog a BARF diet but I had to use special recepies because he had kidney problems. A good site www.barfworld.com/

I smile because I have absolutely no idea what's going on!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks for the info. Once again i don't own any dogs, but i've never heard of anything before so as you can say "curiousity killed the pet owner"

Psst...I have baby ringneck doves for sale! Pieds and an albino! Contact me for availability and pricing! Shipping can be worked out!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 12:43 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

Let us know if you make it back alive...I barely escaped with my life (and sanity!).

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!

Tags
barf diet, pet owner