Information on my future puppy!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Smile Information on my future puppy!!

Hey! I am planning on getting a new puppy and need all the advice i can get. If you are a puppy or dog owner, I need all the help I can get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Did you read the reply you got in the shrew-thread?

Do you know that a dog is a big responsibility, and you can't just change your mind in a week or two (as you did with your idea of getting a shrew), and then get an other pet?

Did you eaven read trough the shrew-links I gave you?

It seams like you just fall for a pet, but don't want to do any reserch on your own...

First of, you need to find a dog breed that suits you. Then you need to find a vet you trust, find a breeder you trust, find out what to feed it, take some money aside every month so you always have som vet-money.

Especially with big animals like dogs and cats, it not a good idea just to get the pet, because your friend has some adorable pups.
Alle pups are adorable, but at some point they will grow up, and if you got a breed that dosen't suite your style of life, it's going to be a very bad life for both you and your dog...

Take me - I simply love the husky, but would never get one, because I can't take care of it the right way. I'm not active enough, and sometimes i just lige to spent most of the day in bed. That's a no-go for a husky...

So find out what breed suits your needs...

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I wonder if this is just spam

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:47 PM

this person is rather annoying
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Adolescent Pup

What advice or help do you want? Like what specifically. Someone said this is "spam" I hope not and will act as if it is serious because it would be unfair to assume that its not.

If you have specific questions that would be so much easier to help. Here is some advice I can give you.

Do you have any idea on what breed?

Pups take lots of time that is for sure.

You will need to potty train your pup. You can look this up or find out more in a book, you should look into training books. It is simple process to potty train a pup. The basics is taking them out frequently and praises them when they go. If they have an accident you need to take them out when you catch them so they get the idea. You also want to clean that spot with nature's miracle to prevent them from wanting to go there again. You should also take them out after they eat/drink and wake up from a nap.

You can also consider crate training which aids in potty training. They learn not to go in the crate and also get used to the crate so they are not crying. You want to make the crate a nice place for them, not something unpleasant.

Depending on what breed you will be getting your pup will need more or less excercise. Some dogs are fine with a walk and others need a longer walk or run, others need yet more.

Again you want to read up on training and consider taking some puppy classes if you don't have much experience. It is also a good way to social your pup. You will need to social your pup with people and other dogs. Taking them out with you and having visitors in the home.

Your pup will need to have their vaccines, you want at least 2 in the series before you start taking your pup out. The breeder should have at least the 1st set done and the pup should be dewormed too. You also want to make sure of the parents health and temperament. Make sure the dogs within the pedigree are from good lineage too.

These are some things you need for your pup, might not need all of them but just some ideas.
Food/water bowl
Dog house
Fenced yard, kennel, cable run, ect
Sm collar & leash
Puppy food or groceries for raw/homecooked
Treats
Toys
Crate
Dog bed
Check with home owners insurance before getting and/or land lord if renting
Vet check after you get your pup take to the vet to make sure everything is in order. You will also be able to make a follow up appointment for their vaccines. You can also get a microchip if the breeder hasn't already done so. When the time is right if you choose you will be able to make the s/n appointment with a vet you trust.
Really can't think right now so thats all I got

There is so much more but this just touches on a few things to get you started.

Check Them Out