Insurance - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Insurance

Hi everyone. My lovely shih-tsu just had a ruptured disc. I notice her hind legs were not working. We took to the vet and they suggested to get an MRI with a neurologist. Turns out she needed surgery to relieve tension on the spine. The surgery was very expensive and now she may or may not be able to walk again. Let's hope she can recover quickly and go back to walking normally again. It costs $9,000 for everything. Too bad I didn't get pet insurance.

My question is can I get pet insurance after this incident and will they cover me for future incidents related to this? I don't know which ones are good (VPI, Truepanion, Pets Best, etc) and if they will do a full checkup on my buddy to make sure if this happens again, they won't cover it. Please let me know your thoughts on how these coverages work. Do they test your animal before giving you coverage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Newborn Pup

When I paid an insurance for my dog years ago, they just looked at the pedigree and at him, said "its okay" and since that time it was working without problems.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

You should check with the insurance companies themselves. They could charge more if the dog has previous problems or exempt that problem from coverage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Check Them Out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 07:18 AM
Newborn Pup

I suppose that the bigger the price of a puppy or dog the bigger the insurance fee. Or not?

Tags
insurance