Introducing Mirra - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Introducing Mirra

She's 10 weeks old and a little cuddle bug. We picked her up in Ohio on Saturday and she managed to vomit all over my pants, on the carpet of my brand new truck, and down the side of the passenger seat. I've never seen so much vomit come out of such a small dog. She spent most of the first 4 hours vomiting on the drive home. Jeff said thank goodness I was holding her when she puked because if she would've puked on him, he would've been puking. As it was he was turning green watching me try to clean it up with my stash of McDonald's napkins I keep in the truck. I ran out of napkins and had to use the extra t-shirt I had in my bag. We're talking alot of vomit here folks! She slept the last 4 hours home.

We decided on the name Mirra because if Riley were still here and they were standing face to face it almost looks like a mirror imgage....except Mirra's ears are still a little floppy.

I took her to the vet and we got a clean bill of health, however, I still want to take her to get an echocardiogram and my vet doesn't have that type of thing so she's going to find a vet that does do it. I have no plans to breed Mirra, but having the piece of mind that her heart is ok is worth the extra money.

Jeff says that we are absolutely not having her spayed, we'll deal with her coming into heat every 6 months. I'm leaning that way too because I'm so paranoid about having another animal spayed.

I had the vet tape her ears today so that they'll stand up properly, so she looks a little silly in the pics.

Eating a treat in the chair so she would sit still long enough for a pic.

Profile of her little egg head.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:44 AM

Oh she's beautiful Scarlet. What a perfect name too. Jordan would LOVE that collar
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

We stopped at Jeff's parents near Detroit to give her a break from traveling in the truck. He ran to the pet shop to pick up a collar and a bag of puppy food. I think he made a good choice with that collar.

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Scarlette- she is beautiful!! What an awsome tribute to Riley Roo with that name... it is perfect!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She's so precious! I agree, what an awesome name.

Stephanie

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw!!!!!!!!! she is awesome! she's only 10 wks? she's HUGE! hahahaha! i like the thought behind her name - that's so sweet.

i'm sorry that you are scared about getting animals spayed now. maybe after she gets a super clean bill of health you can bring yourself to do it (just so you don't have to deal with her in heat). either way - i'm so glad you got her!

she's just great!! i can't wait to see her w/o her anttenas! hahahahaha!

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 11:46 AM

Congrats Scarlette! To me she looks so tiny. I feel for you with the car sickness thing. Both of mine were horrendous. They are a little better now but I have to give them dramamine if we go anywhere.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 12:47 PM

Shes beautiful scarlette. awesome name.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:03 PM

She is so cute!! I love the collar - Go Jr.!
I hope she gets over the car sickness.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:05 PM

Congratulations, Scarlette! She's beautiful!!! 8)
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:08 PM

Rhonda, she is so pretty! She looks like she has rabbit ears! Her name is just perfect too. I am so happy for you hon!
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:19 PM

She's beautiful. Congratulations again on getting her. ^^
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:21 PM

What a sweetie And she has the best name ever!
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:31 PM

Wow what a beauty! She is the mirror image of riley, patch on her opposite eye. Im so happy for you!

I agree with forumla and hope you can build the strength to spay her. I worry about cancer with un spayed females, and not to mention the mess.

I really relate to your fear tho. We lost a female American Bulldog from a botched spay 2 years ago. Reading your post on Riley brought tears to my eye's. Mirra is a lucky girl, looking forward to more pics of her!
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:51 PM

She is adorable. Here's to a long healthy life with you!

Tags
pet shop, puppy food, sit still