Introducing my pups - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Introducing my pups

Hello Paw Talk doggie people! I recently joined (mm_simb mentioned the board to me) and have an introductory thread in the introduction forum, but I thought I'd post here and introduce my pups and post a few of my favorite pictures of them (I'm addicted to taking pics of them!).

Tasha is a 6-year-old mutt I adopted from the pound as a puppy. Her mom was said to be a German Shepherd/greyhound mix and her dad was of unknown breed. Her name may as well be "my baby girl" as that is what I call her at least half the time . She loves to curl up on the bed, couch, or whatever soft cozy spot she can find and nap while indoors, and when outdoors her favorite activity is exploring and running.

Tommy is a 4-year-old golden retriever (a rescue). He was 6 months old when he came to live with us and had suffered abuse and neglect at his first home, unwanted and living outside on the end of a chain when he was surrendered. He's a BIG boy, weighing in at 86 pounds (not overweight) and quite tall for a golden as well. Though he has issues with anxiety and timidity around unfamiliar things, he's as gentle as they come and extremely loving and affectionate.

And those are my babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Playful Pup

Tommy and Tasha are both beautiful! Great photos too. Thanks for sharing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Pet Lovers Resource
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

wow those are some great pictures...they are gorgeous

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

beautiful doggies.
The 1st one looks like a dog I used to have. He lived to be 21.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 06:51 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Tasha has eyes that could melt the soul.

It's so nice to hear their stories and see photos of them! They look very loved and happy.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Newborn Pup

I just love that picture of Tommy in the snow. Reminds me of my Abbie, I have when I lived up north, she was also a golden retriever and loved the snow. She always had to catch snow ball and break them up in her mouth........she was a nut.

Beautiful dogs and pictures as always.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks so much for the compliments and the welcome. ninja_smurtles, what a wonderful lifespan your pup had. I certainly hope Tasha lives as long. She's so puppyish and full of energy, and she's never been sick a day in her life, so that's a good start! They are great buds too

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

your dogs are gorgeous!!! I especially love that 2nd pic of Tasha!!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thanks for posting pics of the dogs! They are both beautiful..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Your dogs are gorgeous!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 08:46 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Excellent pictures!! And beautiful doggies!!

~ Jodi ~

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

They are beautiful. I love Tommy.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I'm so glad you enjoyed them. They are everything to my husband and I. We don't have human children, Tommy and Tasha are the kids and our lives revolve around them. I even quit my transcription job and starting contracting out and doing it from home so that I could be with them more . You'll have to forgive me if I'm seeming rather sappy this evening. A close friend of mine just lost one of her dogs, and it has especially been on my mind so much the past few days how very much I treasure them.

This quote explains best what they are to me. It is long, but beautiful:

"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9soul
"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill
Really like that, never read that before. I think I'll have to save those words.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i just love your doggies! it looks like they have so much fun!! and the picture quality is great!!

Tags
beautiful dogs, german shepherd, golden retriever