Introducing the New Dog! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Introducing the New Dog!

Hey everyone! I posted in introductions about our newest addition Lady that we rescued. She is about 5 and is mainly Pitt Bull. Sweet as can be, and very submissive to us. She is so well trained I'm sure I can leave uncrated when we're not home. The issue that is holding me back is my 2 cats. You can tell that Lady has never been around cats before and is very curious to get to them. We adopted her on Thursday. Since then we keep her on a leash is the house so we can have control if she chooses to go after the cats. Since then the cats have relaxed a bit and are started to come around her. Last night was the major hurdle my one cat was on my lap while my husband let Lady get about arms length away. She doesn't growl or anything at them which is great. But what now?? Any suggestions to help everyone get comfy with each other. Lady is SO GOOD that I hate that I can't just let her walk around the house on her own. Even though she follows me wherever I go. But the last thing I want is a cat/dog fight on my hands! And my cats are de-clawed in the front so they can't fight her off like most could.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:22 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

sorry i don't have any suggestions just wanted to say congrats and the new addition and i can;t wait till you post piccys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

Congrats on the new baby! I am sure with time and patience she will come around.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 PM
RAT ADDICT

Do you know anything about her history?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Do you know anything about her history?
I know that the last owner originally got her from the shelter when she was about 2, he had for 3 years. It said that she was very shy and quiet and that she played aggresively with their other dog which was a pit too. She does have a scar on her cheek. It also said that she hasn't been around kids before from the last owner. But I'm not sure how true that was ya know. When we walk her and she sees other dogs she doesn't go nutts or anything but she is intrested. The shelter insisted she was an awesome dog! they said they will take her back from us if need be no questions ask but try to give it a week. Even though as in my other thread she snapped at me last night so Im a bit pissed off.

I dunno life is stressful enough and I feel like as good as she is, theres the bad and its stressing me out and I have no room for it right now.