Invisible Fencing? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: Do you use invisible fencing?
No 12 70.59%
Yes 1 5.88%
No, but we would like to get it 2 11.76%
Just wanna vote! 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Invisible Fencing?

Does anyone use invisible fencing?

We bought the Wireless invisible fence on Sunday because Manto has been going in to the neighbors yard and barking like a maniac at 'em. They have kids and all the kids are afraid of big ol Manto. It's also a liability issue.

But anyway, we went out and bought the wireless kind and we LOVE it!! Manto can go 90 feet in any direction from the transmitter. He can go around the entire house and part of the front yard and part of the backyard. We set up the flags to let him know where he can & can't go. Obviously, he's still learning, but he did really good on his first 2 days.

I'm so glad we finally did purchased it. We had been waiting until Manto got a little older and I think he's at the perfect age for it.

I'll post some pics when I get home from work.

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Thats really neat Jodi...My friends were thinking about getting that for their Boxer...they have a huge yard and dont want it to be all closed up...Our yard was already fenced, so we didnt have to worry about it, but would have considered it if we didnt have one already.

Hope Manto picks it up quick!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Sounds great, I wish I could get one for Claire and Rebel both to use but I guess mine's just because I like to be lazy at times, lol!! I'd just be nice to let em out the door instead of go through putting on their walking harnesses and leash and all that, but now that I'm back home Rebel can go out without a leash, he listens good, Claire on the other hand, doesn't listen too good. lol

*Brandy*

|
|
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Yeah, we have a big yard and there's an over an acre (and woods) seperating my only neighbor from us... but Manto still insisted on going over there!! Grrrrr! Our yard is too big and it would of cost a lot of money to fence it, so this works best.

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I don't have a dog, so I don't have that kind of fencing. My neigbors have it for their dog though, and I walk him almost daily. Does that count?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I don't cause I don't really need one and not that much is known about them in aus but I think they are a great idea!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

We of course don't need one here the way the downstairs is... It is like a giant courtyard with a 20 foot wall around it, however I would like to get one when we move to Colorado, depending on if we feel like fencing in an acre or 2 for the dogs or not.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

We don't have any outside pets yet so I don't have any use for it!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Playful Pup

What exactly is an invisible fence? How does your dog know not to cross it? I live in a condo so i dont need a fence