Invisible vs. Radio Fence? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Invisible vs. Radio Fence?

I had an invisible fence for my previous dog. Then I sold it when I no longer needed it. Now I have a new puppy and will need another fence option. The radio fence brand is so much cheaper than the Invisible Fence brand. Does anyone have any experience with the Radio Fence? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 10:20 AM

We have the PetSafe Wireless Fence and we love it! The wireless kind is nice because there's really no set up (except initially when you have to place flags around the boundries so the dog(s) knows how far to go).

With one system, you can have about a half an acre. If you buy another transmitter, you can double it. You can also have several receivers (collars) for one transmitter. And if you move, all you have to do is take the transmitter with you to the new house and set up the new boundries.

We paid about $300 for the system and we have a 125lb German Shepherd on it.

When our collar broke (our fault, not the company's fault), PetSafe sent us a brand new collar for free.

After using the wireless system & having great success with it, there is no way I would go through the hassle of an underground wire system. JMO!

Here's a link to the system we have: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2001+113720

Tags
german shepherd