itching problem please reply! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation itching problem please reply!

My dog Zoiee(beagle) scratches herself SO MUCH she is loosing fur from it! we took her to the vet they said all we could do was bathe her.l do that and it only gets worse!

Please give me and sugjestions you guyz have I also have been using special sensitive skin shampoo but it doesnt work...you think maybe lotion once a day or something? I tried that before it worked a little bit/barley

So please any thing you think would help I would love to here it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Here Are Pics

this is her (the beagle not mutt hehe) it might not come up this is only my 2nd time putting pics on here
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 10:01 PM

Try an oatmeal based shampoo first. Then, find another vet and get another opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

ok ill give that a try and then update you on how it goes thx
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 10:38 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

What Chrisanne said.

You may also try some holistic/herbal remedies. I don't know if there is something out there for it but I highly doubt there isn't. I also don't know if you're a believer in this type of treatment, but I personally am. Just make sure to do your research before buying, otherwise you can easily get scammed and it won't help Zoiee any.

It kinda ticks me off that your vet was of no help at all. Maybe Steph (Jade) will have some suggestions for you, too. Let us know how its goes... And PM if you would like some help posting pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 02:46 AM

awww...I cant see the pics But I have a Beagle named Zoe! lol She scratches a lot too. I think that part of it is probably due to dry skin. But I have just started giving her 2 Brewers Yeast tablets a day, which is what her trainer said she gives her dogs. I dont think she is itching quite as much, though she still itches quite a bit. But it is also supposed to help reduce shedding!

Also she said switching them to a better dog food might help also. I just got a bag of some Nutro dog food that she said should help, but I will start her on that after the holidays when I get home and see how much it helps.

I hope you figure something out! If you do let me know!! And I would love to see pics of her if you can get it to work!!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

thank you guyz for all your help I think ill try chrisanne said first if it doesnt work ill keep moving down the list

And about the pics they are to big so all I shrunk um down on paint....now im gonna have my sis help me with putting things from PAINT onto here
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:03 PM

It could be something in her feed too. Corn is the most common allergen in dogs, and a lot of "store" brands have corn. What does she eat?

I've heard of using brewers yeast as well as vitamin E tablets.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Well she always eats the cat food (we cant get her to stop) so I just checked that bag and the first thing listed is "ground yellow corn" ill check the dog food next (which she sometimes eats too )
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

yup the first thing listed on it uis ground yellow corn
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:21 PM

What brand is it?

That is a very likely source of the itching. Not for sure, but likely.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:22 PM

my dog actually had a yeast infection and it was all under is legs and stuff...we got him from the animal shelter, and we took him to a vet who actually ended up treating him wrong for 6 months and we finally went someplace else and he is finally getting better (he had it in his ears too) and the drops for that helped. But definitly try another vet, I'm going to suggest not washing him much because the water is going to dry out his skin. My cat gets cuts around his neck from scratching (probably from an allergy) find out from a vet what kind of allergies the dog could have because it could be something maybe in his food. You never know...but definitely find a new vet to get another oppinion.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

cat food brand:Sunshine
dog food (rarely eaten) brand:Mainstay
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

this is zoiee
not as bad as she is now (ATM she has almost no fur on her backend/stomach)I hope the pic shows up this time hehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZOIEE FOR PAW-TALK WEBSITE.JPG (25.5 KB, 6 views)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

yay it worked hehe

Tags
animal shelter, cat food, dog food