Itchy Harley - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Question Itchy Harley

Lately Harley has been scratching a LOT. We give her Frontline for fleas and ticks, so I doubt that could be the problem, as I think she would have had a reaction to the first dose.

I know we have stuff growing in our backyard, so I wonder if she could have scraped up against something back there.

We bought some topical spray for her, to help at least ease the pain, but Dan is being....well Dan.

I made an appointment for the vet for Tuesday. He wants to get her in earlier. But, for as worried as he is about her, he is still going into work tomorrow. I told him they're only open until a certain time and that's it. He said he doesn't care.

I also told him they have emergency service on Sundays. Still, he didn't want to listen.

I'm worried about it, too. But, what else can I do? They're packed until Tuesday, and I don't want to go to another clinic, as some I've had major issues with the clinics around here.

What do you think I should do?

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Benadryl can be given to make a dog more comfortable. Sometimes it can interact with other medications or heart problems, so you should check with your vet before giving. The typical dose is 1 mg per pound of dog.

You might give a bath with a soothing shampoo such as Aveeno or something mild.

Stephanie

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

We actually were given something at work. It's a milk bath for dogs or cats. I told him he should use that.

Did he listen? No. He used another brand of shampoo for dogs that we bought right after we adopted her.

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 03:09 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

you can give her a luke warm, aveeno bath. then pat her dry and apply baby powder to help with the itch. you can even put some Cordaid on there and then the baby powder.

then you should be able to see the vet tues. good luck.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Well, Dan told me today that I should call around and see what vet clinic was open.

I really wanted to go to where we usually go, because I trust them. Dan was insistent I call though.

So, I called two places that are around here. The one clinic we use to go to, well, I just won't go there anymore after what they pulled with Zesty. Anyways, one was booked for today, and the other is emergency only. I figured, why not. So, we're going there today.

Boy, did I tell Dan how I felt on the phone. I told him vacation isn't a time for me to be more stressed than if I were at work. He claimed after today it wouldn't be stressful. Ha. That's a load of you know what.

Karen

[

Tags
vet clinic