It's been way too long... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
I Own an Egg Pooper

It's been way too long...

...since I've last had internet! But I am finally back online (AKA I graduated college and now have an apartment and new job and money coming in to pay for internet), and I am glad to be back in the PawTalk community.

Well, and I have other good news, too, which is the reason I am here in this thread:
I am going to be adopting a chihuahua puppy! Last I knew, there were people in this forum who had chis themselves. And certainly most everyone here has had a puppy. So you all must know my excitement!

I have owned a Golden retriever since I was 9 (whose primary caretaker is my aunt, since that is who she lives with), and I have been researching and dedicating myself towards attaining all the pre-puppy goals I will need to have acheived in order to get my very own puppy to live in my new pad with my boyfriend and I.

I have found a reputable breeder and have been talking to her frequently. And I have been reading many puppy books and talking with my vetrinarian. The actual adoption won't be until October. So, in the meantime, does anyone have any advice or comments to throw my way?!?! Thanks! And I am glad to be back!

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Welcome back! Congrats on graduating, the new job, and the puppy.
I'm just curious why you chose a breeder instead of going to the pound? This is just a question purely out of interest...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Welcome back! I've been wondering what had happened to you. Glad to have you back, and congratulations on your soon-to-be puppy. 8)

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
I Own an Egg Pooper

Well, for one, I have always been a fan of chihuahuas, and the likelihood of one being in our pound is nill. And, also, if I went to the pound, there would be no guarantee as to the predictable temperament, genetics, and/or health of the puppy I would get, not to mention the fact that they would most likely be older than 8-12 weeks and thus would perhaps be initially harder to handle.
The breeder I am getting my pup from is very reputable and I enjoy supporting her because she cares deeply for her dogs and does great work.
I currently own a nearly thirteen year old Golden who I got from a breeder, and am very pleased with her.

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

congrats on the new job and apartment. Way to go. Can't wait to hear more about your puppy as time progresses.

Sounds like you're doing all of your homework, which is wonderful. Kudos to you.

There are rarely if ever small dogs in the pound here. Its always the big guys, bless their hearts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

congrats. And welcome back. Good luck with your puppy.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
I Own an Egg Pooper

Thanks everyone!

-Tare

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Miss New Booty

Good luck with getting your puppy! And welcome back and congrats on your graduation and new job!!

~* Jackie *~

Tags
golden retriever, reputable breeder