I've got bad news!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Unhappy I've got bad news!!

Hey everyone . . . remember me?? It's been a few months because our computer crashed! Well I've got some awful news that maybe you can help me out with! We have to get rid of our pooch !! It makes me just bawl! As you may remember I'm 32 weeks pregnant and we have been looking for a place to live because we've been staying with my husbands grandparents. Well we've gotten a mobile home but no park (let alone apartments) in this area will allow us to have our dog . . . with me being almost ready to have the baby we have to get out of this place!! I've been posting her around on the internet . . . if you know of anyone who's looking she's : 4 years old, spayed, red brindle and white American Pit Bull Terrier (no papers), she's a real sweetheart. Great with kids and has lived very well with cats and other dogs. It just breaks our hearts and we don't want to see her put down!! We live in Mechanicsburg PA and anyone interested can call 1(717)766-6719 and ask for EMILY or KEVIN or e-mail me at: [email protected] !! Any and all help and support will be greatly appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Proud New Mommy

Oh no... I am so sorry KaiyasMom. I know how hard it is to be forced to get rid of/leave behind a dog. I am so sorry, I know it has to be rough. You should probably look as hard as you can for someone around you so you can maybe visit her and maybe once you get your own house, able to even get her back. Try to look for a 'guardian'. Because she's a pit it may be even more challanging, but it's worth it.

I'm so sorry...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

We've had a few offers from within the family . . . my husbands grandparents offered to take her. But they don't understand that she is what she is and she's too much for them to handle by themselves! They have a dog and they get along decently well but their dog tries to pick fights and I worry that if Kevin and I weren't around and she tried it Kaiya would seriously hurt the other dog!! We also had an offer from an Aunt, but the last dog she had she had to get rid of because her girlfriend tied it up in the house and yelled and kicked at it all the time. This is not a situation I want my dog to live in!!
It is very frustraighting to try and house her because I want to be so picky because I don't want her being used and abused. But frankly given the choice between provided from my human baby and trying to relocate my canine baby there's just not even any room for doubt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

We did everything to try and find a mobile home park that would take her but none of them want dogs and the only one we did find was way way far way and it'd cost to much in gas and in the winter (it's way up in the mountians) I don't think our car would make since they probably don't top priority plow the road! The one we finally did get accepted to though allows everything but dogs!! Ugh . . . it's so frustraighting . . . I want to be so happy to finally have my own house but it's so sad that I have to give up my dog to do it.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Have you tried to contact a Pit Rescue Organization? Maybe they can find foster placement for her until a forever home can be found - or even place her with someone looking for a dog that is her...

I can only imagine how hard this is on you ... good luck and keep us posted.

[center]

[
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I know you are in a tough spot right now and I feel for you. Have you thought about pitt rescues? Are there any in your area that might take her? If she is as behaved as your saying, then if you can place in her in a rescue they should have no problem finding her a great home, providing you can't find one for her first. I wish you the best of luck

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I have started to look into the various Pit Rescues and if we can't personally place her then thats what we're going to do . . . I just figured that if we could place her it'd be less movement and stress on her, because she used to suffer from extreme separation anxioty (spelling?), but we've got her pretty much clear of that and into being kennel trained . . . anyone that took her would also get the kennel!! I just would hate to see her in the pound especially here where it's "Pit Row" . . . a bunch of Pits just waiting for their turn in the "gas chamber" is what it seems like to me!!

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh no.. I'm so sorry. I was wondering where you were. I hope everything works out with Kaiya. We're all here for you, girl.

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks kittygirl823!! Everything going well with my pregnancy though that's a blessing! It was just a computer crash ! Yes everyone keep your fingers crossed and your ears open for me with Kaiya will ya!

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Playful Pup

i hope it works out, i sent my lotus to a weimie rescue when we had to let her go and it was great shes in a much better place and so much more happy. i couldn't keeo her couped up in the aprtment. so look to rescues some are really good, and make sure they will keep in touch.
love,
shannon
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

The biggest thing I'm worried about with a rescue is them being mean to me . . I know it probably sounds stupid but it's true. It breaks my heart enough already but it's just it's a choice between my baby and my dog . . . I just don't want the rescue telling me I'm a horrible person for not keeping my dog and making me feel even worse . . . ugh . . . i'm so frustraighted and upset!!

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I hope she can find a great forever home. I don't think that a rescue will be mean to you...not a good one anyway...if they are you don't want to leave her there.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

hey i have a good idea...

did you try posting her on Petfinder.com? what my friend and i just did was post a little min pin we found.

just post her on there and include your email address. i bet you get a lot of responses in the first couple days. then what you can do is email an Adoption Application to each person and have them fill it out. it's a good way to screen the people. you can give her to people that you meet first and you can see their home, etc. plus you'll know their history. try to find people that will allow you to visit her. i have an adoption application that we came up with for the min pin. let me know if you want me to email it to you.

i'm so sorry that you have to do this. we are all here for you.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Good idea Formula86 . . . and I'd love to check out your adoption application . . . could you e-mail it to me ?? [email protected]

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Well I submitted my ad to petfinder.com . . . hopefully that will go up soon and I'll get some good responses!! Thanks for the great idea!!

Tags
adoption application, bull terrier, pit bull, pit bull terrier