Jane or anyone in Texas looking for a..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Question Jane or anyone in Texas looking for a.....

a new doggie

Okay let me explain, one of the guy's that currently works for Darren is getting out of the navy and leaving at the end of this month. He lives in Austin and has agreed to put 2 dogs on his orders this allowing him him to take back 2 dogs currently in foster care back to the states for adoption. Sadly we don't want him to take 2 dogs back and place them in a no kill shelter (although that is alot better than most situations here). We currently have some fosters that are up for adoption if anybody is interested.
Gidget the female Rottie that was practically given to us by the breeder because she was the runt and on the short side for a Rotti can go to a great new home if the right home is available.
Ajax the one we call our problem foster is also up for adoption, now don't let my phrasing scare you, he does great with other dogs and cats, we have noticed that if he is a smaller dog environment he does extremely well, and because of his breeding background it is in his nature to "herd" and that is what he does here with us, as we have so many large dog's and it does cause some problems. He is an ultimate sweetheart and yes we would keep him if we can find the right home for Gidget and Reagan. Reagan is the German Shephard that was found on one of the bases here wearing american dog tags that weren't his (he was dumped).
We don't want to get rid of Gidget sort of speaking, however with the circumstances here and us having to move, etc...we feel if we can limit the number of dogs we plan on keeping and returning back to the states with the less problems we could face in the future. I say problems because of what we have been dealing with around here with our current neighbors. Now again please don't get me wrong, my dog's are not of any problem to me, it is just how some Italians are, and we want to give a good life for the one's we have and hope to find great homes for the one's we have decided to part with
If we can find a home for Reagan and Gidget than yes we should be able to keep Ajax (as we feel he will be harder to adopt out), however if we can't adopt out Gidget than we have to push to find a home for Ajax.......Dr.Friz talked to Darren yesterday and she has agreed to take Ajax (which means we would turn him over to her), but I don't want to live with the possiblity of him living the rest of his life at an Italian shelter (although she does take great care of all her shelter animals).
I know this may confuse some of you as it is hard for me to fully explain everything.
Reagan we feel will have no problem finding a home, as we placed him in the paper about 3 weeks ago and received 5 calls on him, this after one of the Security guys telling us he wanted him, so we had to turn away the calls. Now the security guy is leaving a year early from here, which means he will be leaving in 6 months and has to remain living in the barracks so now he can't take Reagan
He and Ajax go back into the base paper this coming Friday. However if anybody is looking for a very sweet loving gal like Gidget she is available to the right home....She is now 16 months old (almost) and is spayed, she is a bit of a wild child (she has a crazy like behavior that is funny and unexplainable)....She does need obedience training, but she is housebroken and kennel trained and gets along great with other dogs/cats....She tends to be a little vocal when playing, she likes to grunt
Ajax is an Maremmano Abruzzese mix, but looks like a purebreed and has behaves that way as well, he is a bit on the larger side, he is very gentle and knows some basic commands. He is neutered and current on all shots....He does well with other dogs/cats, but would do better to be in a smaller dog home or to be the only dog.
any dogs to be shipped will have kennel, and flight cost paid for, and will be current on all shots. Please if you know anybody PM me as soon as you can........I can post pics if anybody is interested.
Sorry for posting this here, but it wasn't exactly a classified it was also an explanation (sort of).
Thanks for any help!!! I wouldn't ask if we didn't need it!!

P.S. Reagan is about 9 months old and Ajax is about 11 months old.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Well, I ho pe you find a good home for them all. I would take them, if I lived in Tx and had a farm...so I could take them all.....I love dogs....but I don't I will pray that you find a great home for them, where at least two of them can go together.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thank You Eli.....We have helped so many animals find homes here, sadly it is that time of year when military families are transferring out so there are so many looking for homes, and we thought this might be a way of helping a few of them get great homes and get out of Italy as well......

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh man kim. this is a toughie. i would love to, but i just can't right now. i have my two, plus my friend is bringing her chihuahua next summer. i was going to adopt another dog already, but decided against it because of financial responsibilities. plus, i really don't know if it'd be fair to take on a big dog because i really really don't exercise my little ones that much (they get exercise and a few walks...but nothing like what a big dog would need). my goes out to you and the doggies. but at least they will be fostered in the states. i will get the word out, though! is there any way you could make a post here that just says their info? example:

dog name
breed
fixed?
vac?
housetrained?
special needs

that way i can get it straight. also, you may want to post them on petfinder.com with your friend's phone number (once he brings them over). they go quickly there under the "found" section.

good luck, girl.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Jane that is a great idea for the information, however I can't post them on petfinder because he won't be able to foster them once he returns to Austin he will be staying with his parents until he gets situated.

dog name: Gidget
breed: Rottweiler (small)
sex: Female
fixed?: yes
vac?: yes
housetrained?: yes and crate trained
special needs: training and lot's of attention

dog name: Ajax
breed: Maremmano Abruzzese mix
sex: male
fixed?: yes
vac?: yes
housetrained?: yes and crate trained
special needs: some basic training needed-yard-alot of TLC

I am not going to post Reagan (male, gsd, 9 months) yet because I want to see if he can find a home through this Friday's base paper but I will let you know.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 04:27 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh ok kim.

have you thought about contacting some texas foster-programs? maybe they can be fostered by some people here in texas instead of at a no kill...

let me know if you think you would want to do this and i can look up some programs for you.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Jane that would be great!!! Please if you can find us any information on foster programs around the Austin area (I believe that is where he is going) we would be so grateful, we just want them to find forever loving homes and getting them out of Italy would be so much better for them. I mean don't get me wrong Dr.Friz has offered to take in Ajax if need be, but I just can't live with the possibility of him living out the rest of his life in a shelter here in Italy

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I wish I were in Texas... i'd take in the GSD in a heartbeat.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

here are some links i found. you will have to email or call the organizations to see if they can help you.

Safe Haven Animal Rescue

Forgotten Friends - Mixed Breed Rescue

i will keep looking! try these out. they both foster.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Jane.....Thanks a bunch hun
Chrisanne, I know you would hun and ya know we would ship him to Arizona, but he still needs to get neutered (Dr.Friz has been slowing down on spaying/neutering...long story), so we would be looking at probably Dec/Jan before he would even be able to fly out, although I think he may get a home here his ad goes out on Friday (but who knows). PM me if you want more info

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 06:50 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

your welcome, kim! again, i wish i could help more. i will keep asking around to see if anyone i trust wants a bigger dog.

good luck, girl!

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks again .... I am not holding my breath on finding them homes in the states, but I have to at least try

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Newborn Pup

We might be interested in gidget

Hi I am new here. but this post caught my attention.We are diehard rottie lovers. We currently have two, one 10 and one we adopted but we think he is a year or two old. We are in oklahoma though so that could take some workin g. Anyway if you haven 't found a home for her maybe we could chat. Oh and our dogs aren't pets they are family...They even sleep with us. ut my daughters is getting up there and it is going to break her heart when she passes. She's healthy now and u can never replace them but it might make it easier.
Jeannie
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

that's really cool of you jeannie. i hope it works with kim.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Newborn Pup

oh and i love big dogs. None of mine are aggressive but the rotts stay indoors with me.One has an inate hatred of mailmen and such so better safe than sued. OH and my sisters husband is also in the navy. They are stationed in burlington right now.
Jeannie

Tags
animal rescue, crate trained, mixed breed, obedience training