Japanese shiba inus? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Japanese shiba inus?

Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows of anyone planning to breed their shibas ready for the summer, i've just been given the go ahead by my mum to finally get one to add to my family, and the best time would be to get one in the summer when everyones at home and it can get the proper attention and also are there any shiba owners out there? what are they like to keep compared to other dogs? i've been doing some research and some people mention the shiba scream what is this?

Charlie the cocker spaniel (Male)

R.I.P, Reggie and Moss (jirdy boys) gone but never forgotten
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. Hippocrates~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 05:51 PM
RAT ADDICT

I highly reccommend you do more research on them.They are a cute little breed,but not for everyone.They are an independant breed.Here are a couple of links I found.

http://www.shibainucanada.com/articl...20Standard.htm
http://www.shibainucanada.com/articl...20Standard.htm
http://www.sunojo.com/shiba/shiba_breed_information.htm

Look at the pros and cons of the breed and what you want in a dog.Why do you want a Shiba?

Also there are breed specific rescues...if your set on a Shiba and find it is the "right breed" - whynot check out Shiba rescues??? Find some Shiba rescues and breeders and talk to people familiar with the Shiba Inu.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Rodentologist

They are an extremely primitive breed, and I wouldn't recommend them for a casual dog owner.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I don't own and Shibu's but I know a couple and I truely admire these dogs. Yes they are beautiful, but not just something to look at Shibu's are normally raised to protect families and require a lot of early socialization. You have to work double time with these dogs if you want a good family pet. Which with the proper soc. and training, like with all dogs these are great family dogs.

Mizu and Zade are in a home with 4 small children ages 4, 2, 1, and 4 months. They are very gentle and well natured, when told to sit or down they do so and stay until told to get up...they're smart....there are a lot of good things about shibu's you just have to be patient and work work work!

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks for the tips guys , well since i posted this i've brought a book about them and i'm doing more research at the moment, i am going to contact some rescue places to see if there are any, thanks for the links vanilla_rat.

Charlie the cocker spaniel (Male)

R.I.P, Reggie and Moss (jirdy boys) gone but never forgotten

~The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. Hippocrates~

Tags
shiba