Jessie's Story.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Smile Jessie's Story....

After our long day with Lucy {see Lucy's update in the cat section} we come home only to find a box waiting for us at our gate.... Hmmm what is in the box you might ask.... Well below are some photo's to show you just what we found.
Shortly after getting into the house

Being introduced to Gidget

Too tuckered to make it up one step in the kitchen, long day, poor little girl.

She appears to be a pure breed Rottie with a tail she will be going with us tomorrow to Dr.Friz's for a check up and possible tests to make sure all is okay. Darren picked about 5 ticks off her, but so far that is all that has been found and haven't really seen any fleas, but I'm sure she has them, so after her check up tomorrow we will let you all know how she is doing. We are guessing she is about 6 weeks old.
I guess I should be more angry, but at least whoever did this had the decency to leave her where she would be cared for....

Last edited by DirtySouthChins; 07-10-2004 at 05:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 05:43 PM

I can't believe how many people just dump animals. She's so cute. Are you going to keep her?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 05:43 PM

awww what an adorable baby.

That makes me livid. People are beyond irresponsible. I am glad however they left her on your porch as opposed to someone elses.

Fingers crossed for a healthy Jessie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:13 PM

Aww..what a little cutie! People that dump animals have no hearts! How could anyone resist that face??? At least they left her with you and with her tail in tact! Are you going to keep her?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:52 PM

OMG, what a beauty! Look at that little tongue. AWWWW! Kim, whoever this person was knew exactly where to "dump" her. Thank God she landed on your doorstep.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Kim! She is so cute!!! That is so sad! But, I am so glad they chose to leave her at your doorstep, she is so, so lucky to have you and Darren!! Look at her little tongue! AW!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 09:19 PM

Boy, and you're in ITALY? I didn't realize it had problems like that as well. Sheesh. Animals really got the short end of the stick, didn't they?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awww! I'm glad the little sweetie was "dumped" at your house. At least she has a chance with you guys.

Rhonda

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 11:38 PM

aww what a cutie. i wonder how they knew where to take her?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 01:05 AM

Awww someone there in Italy know the right place to take their animals too, I know that she will be loved and cared for there.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone....... Roz southern Italy is really bad on animal dumping.... Puppylove word tends to get out on who the "animal people" are in the area, especially if they are americans (like us). Italians don't keep things to themselves it's un heard of so word travels. The thing that get's me is that we don't have a porch we live on a very narrow street about the size of an alley way and all the buildings are flat when looking at them, so she was right up against our 20ft. steel gate so anybody could have hit her with a car or moped if they had moved over just enough. Thankfully she didn't get hit. I'm not sure if we are going to keep her yet or not. She did well last night in a kennel whined for about 10 minutes and slept right through the night, of course we had to put paper in there and she did use it
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Jessie went to visit Dr.Friz today and got a clean bill of health. She is said to be about 5-6 weeks old (which is what we thought) and is a pure breed rottie that is going to be on the smaller size (probably like our gidget). We found a few more ticks on her, and she has tiny fleas on her, and does have worms, so she will get the usual treatment for all of that and will go back in 2 weeks for another fecal and if all is okay she will get her first set of shots. We will continue to keep an eye on her making sure she doesn't appear to have any other health problems especially from the ticks, but all in all we think she is going to do just great!!!!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 01:29 PM

I'm glad to hear she's doing great, and I'm also glad to hear she wound up on your doorstep. I hate people who just dump their pets somewhere! If you aren't going to keep her, what are you going to do with her?
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 03:30 PM
Miss New Booty

I'm so glad to hear she is doing great and the vet visit went well, Kim!

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm so glad she checked out okay! And she has a tail!!! You have to keep her!!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
pit bull, pit bulls, vet visit