Jingle Bell Dog Jog - Orlando FL - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Jingle Bell Dog Jog - Orlando FL

Details:
http://www.orlandounleashed.com/nov2004_learnmore.htm

Part of the proceeds will go to Pet Rescue By Judy
I'm sure many of the locals have heard of them... I know her well as the "Rescue Lady" at PetsMart in Oviedo every weekend. She is also the link that brought Chelsea to us

Anyone going to go?

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Here's the basic Press Release

The Jingle Bell Dog Jog

ORLANDO, FL. The streets of Downtown Orlando will be going “literally” to the dogs on Friday, November 26th at 4:30pm before the start of the AMAZING KIDS CHRISTMAS PARADE.

The JINGLE BELL DOG JOG event will give pet owners and their dogs an opportunity to get in the holiday spirit before the excitement of the Christmas Parade begins. The Grand Marshals of the JINGLE BELL DOG JOG are celebrity pet Oscar, the dog who knows more than 86 tricks.

The canine event co-sponsored by Orlando Unleashed Magazine will start and end at the southeast corner of Lake Eola, the intersection of Eola Drive and Central Boulevard ParadeFest will take place at the front entrance of Lake Eola at Washington and Rosalind. Participants will be video taped as they pass the parade TV area on Rosalind Avenue. Footage of the dog jog will be included in the parade TV special to air statewide in Florida in December on network affiliates.

The purpose of the dog jog event is to help off set parade costs imposed by City of Orlando for services and support Pet Rescue by Judy. The Parade and ParadeFest are admission “free” events.

The Jingle Bell Dog Jog registration begins at 2:30pm at the southeast corner of Lake Eola and ends at 4:00pm. The starting whistle will begin promptly at 4:30pm. Registration fee is initially $18.00 per dog and additional dogs / family members are $5.00 each. Additional t-shirts ordered in advance will be $14.00 each.

Pet owners receive a Jingle Bell Dog Jog t-shirt, doggie bag for pet, completion ribbon and jingle bells. ParadeFest pet photos with Santa will be $10.00 each.

http://www.orlandounleashed.com/nov2004_learnmore.htm

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hmmmm I mentioned it to hubby and it appears he was planning to take the kids to the parade anyway.... He didn't know it would be preceded by a Dog Jog though ... so now it seems we'll be taking the kids AND the dogs

I sure hope the dogs don't mind

- Deb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ok looks like you guys are not joining us today..... Chickens!!!

I sure hope my two behave.... we're going with another friend/employee and his dog as well so should be interesting ...

I just hope there's no one juggling balls or frisbees down there... my dogs may try to ummmmm "help"

- Deb

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Goodluck with it and hope it all goes well for you and a good cause if part of the funds go to charity

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
and a good cause if part of the funds go to charity
The charity part is a big deal. Chelsea's rescue began with Pets By Judy and that's who is getting the extra proceeds

- Deb

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

For those interested, there are some pics of the Jingle Bell Dog Jog being shown off at Digital Imaging Direct...

(They're trying to sell them to the dog owners)

You can view the photo ops at:
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...lery_id=122086
And some parade shots at:
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...lery_id=122732

We didn't take a whole lot of pics ourselves... I guess we were too busy with the dogs lol, but the few pics we did take can be seen at:
http://www.picolio.com/Gallery/JingleBellDogJog

The main Orlando Christmas Parade as well as the dog jog itself were 'fairly cheesy' but the dogs had a BLAST! I didn't notice any real problems with anyone at all. All of the owners seemed to be handling their dogs quite well and just about all of the dogs seemed to be having a good time.

Polo got LOTS of kudos and attention. I was SHOCKED that he was the only rottweiler down there. For the entire jog he stayed close to the sidewalks where the people were lined up to see the parade. The poor thing has got to have a tummy ache because people kept tossing him popcorn, hotdogs, bread, etc for which he wasn't about to turn down. During the main parade several of the floats were tossing candy and Polo caught himself a little tootsie roll and gobbled it down wrapper and all.

I couldn't believe how much he enjoyed the main parade. He sat through the whole thing with a great big smile on his face just watching everything go by. Even the fire trucks and marching bands didn't phase him. However, HE did phase the bands lol. Several ended up out of step because the band members would catch a glimpse of him and forget what they were doing lol

Chelsea enjoyed everything except the marching bands. The cymbols and drums bothered her a bit but it just meant she snuggled closer to me as they went by lol

The only thing that REALLY confused the dogs was a lama. They acted as if it was some freakish alien and none of the dogs were about to investigate it. But it was funny to watch their eyes fixate on "the beast" and even stretch their necks around the crowds to continue watching it walk away lol

I do need to be aware of Polo's old bones though. He really slowed down there at the end. We started to think we were going to have to carry him lol The poor old guy is STILL sleeping! He crashed hard as soon as we got home and has only gotten up once to go to the bathroom. He's WIPED OUT!

Chelsea, on the other hand, is ready to go again lol. She had a ton of fun. I even got to walk her side by side with a whippet and a greyhound during the jog and from the back side (both humans being dragged by the dogs lol) she really did hold herself the same as them... ears, head, body movement etc were right in synch, it was pretty kewl

Overall, I'm glad we went. Though the humans and one dog is wiped out today, there's no doubt in my mind that both dogs really had a good time.

- Deb

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Deb, sorry I missed this post, otherwise I would have sent you a good luck message.. As it goes it looks like it was a great success, and everyone enjoyed themselves..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Tags
dog owners, pet owner