joey - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

joey

I am wondering if anyone out there could help me. I have a client that is trying to get back home to Brussells ,Belgium. He has been living here in the Usa and Mexico. My client has a beautiful puppy. Looks like a Alpso (sp?). or something simular. About 6 months old. He has done some of the procedures though the vet. here in the Usa. He has done the proper shots and has got his identity chip,which was required. Evidently he was told that Belgium does not require a quarantine. Does anyone have any experience, with any of this? He is willing to do anything for his dog.
I, he, needs wisdom from someone who may have experieince.
thanks joey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:25 AM

He needs to check with the airlines to find out what their policies and procedures are as well as find out all the policies for going into Belgium. As long as he has all of the appropriate documents and a valid health cert i'd say he's good to go.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

joey

He believes he has followed though with all that. HE is worried about the actuall progress. he is worried that when he gets there he will have problems getting his puppy. Ever heard of this? Also his concern is the weather. there are restrictions when traveling when it is cold. Do you have any experience in that? I suggested a snuggle safe in the cage. But that may not be good enough?
joey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 10:23 AM

The airlines to place embargo's when the weather gets to cold. If there is an embargo they simply won't ship his pet until the weather is acceptable.

I've never heard of a person having a problem getting their pet once they arrive at the destination.