This just proves..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

This just proves.....

people with a vast amount of money are no better pet owners than people who don't have a lot of money.

My boss' (who is a multi-millionaire and thanks to him, so are his kids) daughter bought a puppy (a designer dog - Teddy Bear) a few weeks ago. After one week of owning the dog, she told me she "has had it with the pee and poop". And she couldn't figure out why the dog pees and poops in the crate at night. When I asked her how often she was taking the puppy out at night she said she (meaning my boss' daughter) took her out before she went to bed and when she woke up in the morning. I told her that was the reason the pup was going to the bathroom in the crate! I told her they need to be taken out at least every 2 hours during the night! Then she told me she was hiring a trainer to come to the house to housetrain her puppy! She asked me how I was able to train my two dogs and I told her it takes a lot of patience and perserverance. Today, I talked to her and she told me "the dog is as cute as a button but as dumb as a post". She said the dog is not getting it when it comes to housebreaking. She goes out in the yard with the dog for 30 minutes and the dog doesn't do anything but once she comes into the house, she uses the bathroom. Now she said she is going to ask the trainer (which was coming to her house today) if she could take the puppy, housetrain it for her, and bring it back to her! WTF?!! If I were that trainer, I would refuse to help her! Either that or I would tell her she has no business having a dog!

Basically she got the dog for her daughter and didn't do any type of research on what to expect when bringing home a puppy. Oh, when the vet told her the type of dog she has isn't a breed of dog she was shocked! I told her she got a designer dog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Mel

OH MY GOD. I had never heard of Teddy Bears, so I googled them.

There is a group of people claiming to be the ONLY breeder allowed by the US to breed Teddy Bears, and everyone else is breaking the law. Its a goshdarn designer breed - not even a real breed! And you're the ONLY people allowed to mix these two breeds together!?! Are they on DRUGS!?

They DID copyright the logo and name "American Teddy Bear Association". They are the only people who can have a registry under that name for Teddy Bear type dogs. That doesn't mean they are the only people that can breed them, or call their dogs Teddy Bears. These people are INSANE!!!

... And your boss & her kid are nuts too. Hello! They aren't machines, they're BABIES. They don't do everything you want just because you want them to. Send me her puppy.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:33 AM

stupid
too much money and no real life lessons
i hate that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 02:40 AM
Will It Ever Change?

wow. that's just the nutshell version of the reasion i want a law against "accessory dogs". I heard they made it a bylaw in california but I don't know if that's a crock (pot)

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 07:26 AM

They definitely have no busiess owning a dog or anything else!! I agree to much money no common sense!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 08:03 AM

All money and no sense. I know exactly the type. They should be banned from keeping animals. As should anyone who doesnt know how to care for them. There should be pet licenses, like driving licenses.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 08:19 AM

There is a good article in the NY times about designer dogs.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/ma...=1&oref=slogin

Why do people pay hundreds of dollars for a mixed breed they could adopt from the shelter? I just don't understand it.

Why do people get a dog before they do any research? Its funny how many people get a two month old puppy and expect it to be housebroken and well mannered.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Quote:
stupid
too much money and no real life lessons
i hate that
I agree

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 10:15 AM

I hate people like that. I feel bad for the poor puppy.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 11:59 AM

that is extremly sad
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

...they look like shih tzu's... those people are dumb arses...remind them that human children don't catch onto potty training right away....
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambieruns10
Why do people pay hundreds of dollars for a mixed breed they could adopt from the shelter? I just don't understand it.
I think, sadly, some people try to use "designer dogs" as a status symbol. They think they're cool if they pay alot of money for a "designer dog" versus a "mutt". The poor dogs are the ones that pay the price in the end.

Rhonda

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Title Thief Victim

all i can say is ..... *Shakes head*

Carissasaurus Rex

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick
...they look like shih tzu's... those people are dumb arses...remind them that human children don't catch onto potty training right away....

Tell me about it. The whole thing pisses me off. I am curious to find out what the trainer told my boss' daughter about having the dog go with the trainer until it was housebroken. BTW, my boss had nothing to do with her getting the dog. His daughter is in her early 40's and bought the dog for her daughter. And her rescuing from a shelter! PUHLEASE!! That is beneath her to do something like that. After all, she has a standard to live up to in her society. God forbid, someone she knows asks where she got the dog and she says a shelter. It's better say you spent a bundle of money on a designer dog. The dog's name is Coco Chanel, go figure.

Tags
mixed breed, pet owner, potty train, potty training, shih tzu, teddy bear