Just wanted to show off some pics - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Talking Just wanted to show off some pics

Here's some pics of my girls. There's one picture of my jrt Sarah during her first hunting trip. The other picture is of my daughter and Sarah at our last show. They got first place in youth conformation and 2nd in youth go-to-ground (like earthdog). They ended up bringing home the ribbon and embroidered throw for high point youth. We were very proud. This was the first time they had competed been out of the child's class and competed with the youths and the first high place ribbons my daughter had won. It was a real esteem booster for her. She actually almost didn't enter the g-t-g competition because she was nervous about it and had never done it at a show before. She was really glad I talked her into it. I just wish I could get my oldest daughter interested in showing. Well we have plenty more shows to go to. Maybe she'll get interested. If not it's no big thing. At least she likes the dogs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kellysarahchamp2.jpg (24.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg sararheager.jpg (29.2 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Hehe, Congratulations! And very cute!

In the second picture, Sarah looks like she's yelling, "I'm ready to go! Let me go! Let me at 'em!"

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 07:36 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How exciting to get the ribbon Sounds like they both did great!

When I was very very young we showed a Malamute and to this day I feel the joy from the trophies and ribbons he brought home....

I've been thinking about looking into what options are available for working with the upcoming puppy and getting my children involved in some of the shows available...especially the Schutzhund Trials but I'm a bit chicken since I'm not very experienced with the whole thing. I gotta do some more research to ensure if we get started we can do it right and follow through etc. Though our shepherd isn't pure so wouldn't qualify, I'm sure she'd enjoy the training etc along side the new pup just the same and it'd likely be a great experience for the kids...who knows.

What I do know is that your girls look great

- Deb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 08:19 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Adorable! That's great that your daughter and the dog won the ribbon, she (and you!) must be very proud!

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 08:44 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

what a cutie.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww! Sarah is adorable!!! And that is such a great picture with your daughter!! That is awesome your daughter won the ribbon!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all very much. those pics were both taken during some very proud moments in our doggy life. My daughters first win and Sarah's first hunting trip after she captured a possum. and yes she's looking very eager because it was a training hunt and she was awaiting her chance to go back underground after the possum. I think its wonderful when dogs and kids have something fun to do that's rewarding for them. oh and by the way, my daughter rounded the day off by winning one of the rescue raffle prizes she had been eye balling. Let me tell you, rescue got plenty of money off my kids and I that day.

PicOlio being inexperienced can be scary, but hopefully the trials/shows you might attend will be something like ours. We have folks come by at every trial just to watch and they nearly always decide they want to try one of the classes too, sometimes that very day and most who do get hooked. I've seen folks go in that have never been to a show before that walk out with a ribbon. Unlike with AKC dog shows our trials are more laid back, less stressful on both owner/handler and dog. We of course still need to present our dogs for judging, but you don't find folks fluffing up their dogs in a cloud of hair spray or whatever. Most folks are dressed quite comfortably. In fact I was told that you should dress as though you might take your terrier hunting right after the trial is over. In otherwords, dress comfortably, don't dress all prim and proper because for goodness sake you aren't showing a lapdog you're showing a working dog. I just really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. I think that an AKC show would be very intimidating for me. I know I'm no where near as good a handler as most of those people are. We're even supposed to show our own dogs. You aren't supposed to hire someone else to do it for you. Of course there are times when you might have to round up a person (or persons if you're showing in the family class) to help you show a dog if you have more than one in a certain class. And you can be sure that you'll find enough volunteers to help you out on little or no notice. also everyone is welcome to volunteer pretty much anywhere they think they can help out. maybe as a ring steward or just to give the steward a break or a chance to show their own terrier. maybe to help set up or take down equipment, or to catch dogs at the end of the race track. Even kids volunteer. Kids are great race track catchers and have alot more of the energy needed to run the lure back to the starting box race after race. and the kids love running around selling raffle tickets for the rescue (especially since they get a free ticket or two for their efforts). And that's just at the sanctioned trials. The fundays are even more relaxed. You hear plenty of people laughing and enjoying themselves at both and the dogs are so excited because they know their going to have fun. of course the dogs do finally mellow out (as much as jrts mellow out lol) that is until a dog walks through that isn't little and white. Then the entire place gets bark happy all over. and with jrts we have the occasional jail break and jrts are the worst tattletails. They rat each other out everytime. really i thought my kids were the worst, but now i know better. I hope you guys can find a place to show where you, your kids and dog all feel at home and thoroughly enjoy yourselves. that is of course the most important part. Even if both of my females comes in season and I have nothing to show i'll still go to the trial dogless just to be around the people and the fun and excitement of a terrier trial. by the way, there is a really fun lurecourse that the dogs really love. its set up with a winding course that has the dogs going over, under and through agility equipment all while chasing a lure as fast as they can go. Its hilarious to watch and the dogs that are waiting their turn go nuts. The guy that does the lure course set up also has a couple of other set ups he does too. He also photographs your dog as it goes over the jumps and a-frames and while you and your dog stand next to the time clock. He apparently travels around the US to different shows for multiple breeds. I think i've seen a few pics he did with cockers and border collies. Good luck
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Adolescent Pup

Beautiful!!!! I would really like a JRT some day...they are so cool...Sweet and so willing to learn! Love them...

Tags
border collie