Kali's Baby-Daddy Pic! LOL - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Kali's Baby-Daddy Pic! LOL

Most of you have seen pics of my dogs Kali and Orion, but due to many requests, I will post a pic of Orion's father. So, here is "Merc" short for Mercury, Kali's boyfriend and Orion's daddy. This dog is the sweetest and best mannored dog I ever met. If someone were to break into his owner's house, Merc would roll out the red carpet and invite them in...probably even show them where all the valuables are and help carry it all out to their car or something! Anyway, here he is...my favorite Mr. Merc! Oh and a refresher pic of Kali and Orion

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

he is very handsome
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

He's a handsome boy! But why were his ears cropped?

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

WOW!! Merc is beautiful.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

aaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!!

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
He's a handsome boy! But why were his ears cropped?
Merc's ears were the only show flaw...they were too long and droopy for show, so his owner had them cropped as a pup. Although cropped ears are generally frowned on in the ring for APBTs, it's better than taking the flaw points and not doing well. His mother is a purple ribbon winner and his father also did real well in show. They aren't quite sure why his ears ended up so long (probably a resessive trait thrown by both parents). Anyway, that's why his ears are cropped. The owner has one of Merc's daughter's from another litter and her ears are fine, they sit just like Orion's. Her ears will not be cropped.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

Mandie,

Ah, I see. Well, even in the best of dogs, things can pop up! Better long ears than health probs. He really is handsome. The only way in my eyes that he could be more handsome would be if he was a blue. lol. I've got a sweet spot for blue dogs and cats. (Which may very well be obvious. Two blue dogs and two blue cats. lmao. I swear I'll get more variety next chance I get!)

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

He was actually born blue...as he got older, he coat turned to a mousey-blue (as they call it) We all wish it had stayed the smokey blue color it was when he was a puppy...I have to get pics of his daughter Airis though...she's the smokey blue coloring right now that he was as a pup. I know he threw the color because her mother was a red-nosed, so she couldn't have gotten it from her

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

Ooh. Please do get pics of her! I'd love to see pics of her!

Also, if you have any pics of Merc as a youngster that'd be awesome too. I'd love to see 'em. There's not many blue pits around here. Though my neighbors in Hawai'i owned two. Gosh they were gorgeous. But I couldn't pet them. I wanted to! But...they were a product of Hawai'ian pit breeders. They loved their humans and hated everyone else, including all other dogs. Sigh =\

-

Last edited by Tilt; 07-25-2004 at 12:38 AM.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Aww...I don't think I can get puppy pics of Merc unless my friend Brandon can find some pics of them and I can take some pics of the pictures (no scanner) I would have got some pics of Airis the other night but she went upstairs and was asleep on Brandon's bed...I wasn't about to walk into a bachelor's bedroom and start snapping pics of his dog! I'll try and get them of her at his mom's house in the pool...she loves to go to "grandma's house" to go swimming. She's the one that will hang out on the rafts in the pool and then jump in to swim to another raft...if she could be on both at the same time, she would be in Heaven! She's just weird

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 01:00 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

LOL! What a doll. I love animals with weird quirks

Well if it's no trouble and you are able to get a pic of Airis to show, I'd love to see it. I like her name, btw.

-

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Yeah, she's a cutie! She did not get her love for the water from her dad though...Merc sinks when he falls in....I can't recall how many times I've jumped in the pool to save his butt Of course, he only does it when there are people IN the pool!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

Aww! He just doesn't want to be left out! Poor baby is probably overcoming is fear of drowning to be with whomever is in the pool! Now that's love.

-

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Adolescent Pup

very nice pictures
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Next Member of the Booger Clan

Awwww he's beautiful!

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

~Nikki and Sandy~