Ki-Adi has a boo-boo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Unhappy Ki-Adi has a boo-boo

Well, my roomie's dog, Ki-Adi (the akita-mix puppy), has a boo-boo. Yesterday we noticed he was limping on his front, right paw. But I felt it and looked at it and I didn't see anything. But we knew it hurt cause he would whine when I'd touch it. We just figured that he had landed on it wrong, so we went to bed.

Well, Jen (his owner) gets home tonight at about 7pm and he is still limping, but she sees nothing. So I get home at about 9pm and there is this big grape-sized balloon on his foot. It looked like it was coming from between his toes and it smelt bad. Not good.

So Jen and I took him to the ER vet and they took him back there to examine him. They told us they had to cut it open to look inside because they suspected there was something lodged in there and it was inflammed. But the Dr. was about to go into surgery so he wasn't going to be seen for about 2 hrs. Ugh. So we left him there and just picked him up about 30 min ago. They didn't find anything, but think there was a splinter or something in there and it got inflammed. So he has a bandage on it and an E-collar on. He looks so sad. We have to bring him to the regular vet in about 3 days to get it looked at again.

Poor Ki-Adi!! He's asleep now (very drowsy), but I know he is upset. We have to restrict his movement, too, which sucks cause he is sooo active.

Please send out "get well" vibes to Ki-Adi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

awww poor Ki-Adi. I hope he feels better soon Jane!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 07:03 AM

Awww, poor Ki-Adi!! Hope he's feeling better real soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Get well wishes for Ki-Adi coming your way. Lacey got an infection between her toes one time, never did figure out from what.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 03:22 PM

Hope your roommate's doggy gets better
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Poor pup! How's he doing now, Jane?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks for the well wishes, guys!

he is doing pretty good. he has a lot of energy and that's the main problem. he wants to run and play and it's just too hard with the bandage + bag and the E-collar. other than that, he is good.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Poor pup, I hope he's doing better and able to get around again soon, I bet it is hard to keep him quiet.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

it is very hard. but we are managing. LOL.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

poor little guy, hope he gets better soon

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 04:27 PM

I missed this thread Jane, but I hope he's doing better!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks, guys.

the regular vet (he saw her this morning) said that they would leave the bandage off because it is irritating the wound. they didn't want to put stitches in because they would probably get pulled out (since they'd be between his toes). so he basically has a big gaping hole in his foot, on the top between the toes. it's really gross. everytime jen lets him go outside to go to the bathroom she has to clean it out after. sucks. the vet said it should be healed enough to let him out more in about 5-7 days. i don't see how, but that's what she said.

i'll keep you guys updated.

thanks for all the well wishes!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Poor Ki-Adi! I hope it does heal fast, he must be going around the twist with all his energy an dnot being able to run around!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

yah he is, carm. but at least the pain pills have a sedative in them. they help!

Tags
regular vet