Kit's getting neutered on Monday - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Kit's getting neutered on Monday

Yeah, like the title says Kit is schduled to get neutered on Monday. I have to drop him off at 8:30 and I guess pick him up again around 5. Although I'm hopping they let me get him early because I can't picture him being very happy being stuck in a cage by himself all day.

I'm soooooo nervous! I know he'll probably be fine and I trust his vet...It's just that the last pet I had go under anethesia was Zeus and that didn't go well. Totally diffrent situation I know, but it's still making this hard for me.

I'm kind of worried about how to keep him calm after the anethesia wears off too. He's always so hyper.

Anyways, wish us luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I am allergic to maths

Awww, good luck kit! Good luck michelle, I bet youre more scared than he is. Hes gonna do fine
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM
is a little "special"

Good luck! Im sure he'll be just fine!
I know how you feel though- I was SO worried when Smudge got the snip snip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Hello Earthling

Good luck! I am sure everything is going to go smoothly. Just remember that dogs are a pretty routine thing for vets.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My family has had 6 male dogs get neutered and come through just fine. My 2 dogs were bouncy the next day (much to my dismay!). My parents 2 dogs got neutered 2 years ago and did great. Dogs are usually just sleepy when they come home. All of my dogs have been dachshunds (little) and have taken a while to come out of anesthesia. I haven't encountered any complications post op. They seem to be back to normal very quickly. Good luck!

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks

I'm sure he'll be fine but that doesn't stop me from worrying I'll be very happy when it's over and he's back home again.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Good Luck! I'm sure everything will be perfect!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks

I dropped him off this morning and am counting down the hours untill I get to go pick him up again!!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Good luck.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Part of the Pack

Don't bother trying to keep him clam. Rags was up and running next morning after his neuter. He slept most of the day after I brought him home but he rebounded fast after the anesthetic wore off. I fenced off the living room so he couldn't go anywhere where he could have pulled his stitches on accident.

Just keep an eye on him and make sure he can't reach his stitches and he should be fine. If he's as active as you say he is he'll be back to normal long before you can take that silly plastic cone off of him.

~Ren~
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.

Rags- Blue Healer/Border Collie Mix

Nelix- Yellow Lab Mix

Tippy- Black and White Fancy Rat

Fredi- Tan and White Fancy Rat

RIP- Aggie, Dorito
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 03:16 PM
is a little "special"

Have you gotten him back yet?
My dog is hung over pretty bad after he wakes up from anethetic... If he tried to do stairs or anything more complicated than walking, he goes splat! Poor thing

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yup Kitsune is home and doing very well

He's actually doing a lot better than I was expecting. He already tried to chase birds on the way home and was jumping up to give me kisses when I picked him up. Now the real challange begins...keeping him calm enough so that he doesn't rip out his stiches.

Ah yes and he absolutly haaaates the cone.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Hello Earthling

Glad everything went well!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Part of the Pack

Has he pegged you in the back of the legs with the cone yet? Rags figured out that he could ram the back of my legs, he decided that if he was going to suffer so was I.

~Ren~
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.

Rags- Blue Healer/Border Collie Mix

Nelix- Yellow Lab Mix

Tippy- Black and White Fancy Rat

Fredi- Tan and White Fancy Rat

RIP- Aggie, Dorito
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I am glad that Kit is doing well! I don't think there is any way to keep a puppy from running around! Good luck. It shouldn't take too long for him to heal.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny