Kiwi's Great Escape!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Kiwi's Great Escape!!

Well it might not be a great escape but it is some what of an escape.

Today as usual I came home from school and let the dogs out into the backyard as my brother isn't good for anything.
Kiwi usually take a few minutes to do her business while Kibbles is quick so I did not worry when Kibbles was at the door alone. After letting Kibbles in I went to quickly do something a came back to let Kiwi in. To my surprise she still wasn't at the door, so I went out into the backyard and looked for her, only to notice the gate was open.

Where did a find Kiwi? Sniffing the flowers (dead) in the front yard.

And this isn't the first time she has made an "escape". Once my dad forgot her outside, and I found her sleeping on the mat outside the front door, poor thing slept outside. And another time I found her walking around in the next house overs yard.

At least she is smart enough to stay close to home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Part of the Pack

My parents dog does that, any chance he gets he'll escape from his kennel, their year isn't fully fenced, and he'll go a block or two peeing on bushes and trees. Then he'll come back and sit on either the front or back porch till we let him.

I think they just like the chance to explore but don't really feel like going far from home.

~Ren~
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rags- Blue Healer/Border Collie Mix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nelix- Yellow Lab Mix

Tippy- Black and White Fancy Rat

Fredi- Tan and White Fancy Rat

RIP- Aggie, Dorito
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Betta Bomb

Oh my, at least Kiwi stays close to home! Coco got out when he was younger and would run like a wild horse nipping at children and barking like an escaped prisoner.. Glad he's calm now lol.. Poor Kiwi slept on your doorstep before?? What a sad,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Oh my, at least Kiwi stays close to home! Coco got out when he was younger and would run like a wild horse nipping at children and barking like an escaped prisoner.. Glad he's calm now lol.. Poor Kiwi slept on your doorstep before?? What a sad,
Yeah, it was around the time we got Kibbles and we were house training him so Kiwi was a little ignored and my dad must have not realized that she hadn't come back.
Whole family was yelling for her in the morning and I was the only one to think of looking outside.

Kiwi usually always stays close to home. When we first got her we use to open the front door in the morning and she would relieve herself and come running back in.