Lacey has a torn ligament! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Lacey has a torn ligament!

Lacey was running across the yard last night and hubby said she just stopped and sat down. She then starting limping. Took her to the vet today and he feels she has a torn ligament. Gave her a anti-inflammatory/pain reliever and told us to restrict her exercsie for a few weeks. This is gonna be fun. I told him she is wild. And now I have two dogs I can walk around on a leash in my *fenced in backyard* Isn't that special? Hubby is heartbroken. He and Lacey spend hours outside when he's out in the garage every night.I of course spend more time in with Mandy who can't run loose. Hopefully she'll be better in a few weeks or this could be an ungoing thing or worse yet she could need surgery! The vet doesn't think it's real bad as she will put weight on it. Please wish us luck in keeping her settled a bit for a few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh man, i'm really sorry. poor puppy dog. i'm sure lacey will be better soon, though.

btw - what happened to mandy? why can't she be outside now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 02:51 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Poor Lacey. At least the vet doesn't feel it's a bad tear.

Look on the bright side. At least this is not an injury where she has to wear an Elizabethan collar. Then she would be running around knocking stuff over while it's on.

I'm sure you'll find ways to get her to be still. Give her lots of chewies and treats. And best wishes and hugs from me.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 03:40 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Poor Lacey, I know it's hard when you have to restrict your pet's exercise as you know they are miserable, but think of the results in the end
Rowan is right we have had our share of dog's using an E-Collar and whoa nelly it's a sad but funny site to see.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! We'll servive it somehow.

Formula, Mandy was born with a bad heart. Her first year she ran loose in the fence but started having spells(she collapes)Ohio St. U told us everyone could be her last. They couldn't fix it with surgery or she would die on the table.She still romps around in the house some but no wild running around in the yard. The worst spells come from when she sees an animal outside and becomes excited as well as jumping around. Her life expectancy is 2 to 3 years. (a vet in Cleveland told us she may not live a year)She is 3 yr and almost 3mo now.Had we let her loose she would not be here now. We feel she still has a very good quality of life, we however have lost our minds
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:46 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweeee what a sad but awesome story about Mandy... .She is surely lucky to have you

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks Navywife, We consider her a blessing
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Hugs Lacey, I hope you get well soon!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I hope she heals quickly!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

*update* Lacey ended up having surgery for her ligament. Good thing we didn't try letting it heal longer as one was completely torn! Now it's just the recouperation part She may have to be leashed up to six months! Keeping her quiet for now is enough of a chore! But we'll do what we have to do for our baby!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Poor Lacey. Give her much love and kisses from me for a speedy and full recovery!

But at least this was caught before it got worse! Good luck, Lacey!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks pihlaga, I'm sure we'll be looney before this is over with!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 10:11 AM

I have a 8 mo old chocolate female lab named Tess that did the same thing as Lacey about 3 weeks ago. I didn't know what it was so I waited awhile thinking she would get better, but she didn't. I took her to the vet and he said it was a partial torn ligament and put her on anti-inflammatory meds. He said to keep her quiet and it might heal in about 2+ months. Right, keep her quiet! Out of my 4 labs, she's the most hyper, you can't keep her down. Please wish me luck as the surgery is very expensive. Hope Lacey is doing good. Cathy
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Playful Pup

[I]I an very sorry she had to have surgery but atleast she will recover and make sure you get a little time out yourself .I]