Lady Had Her Puppies! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Lady Had Her Puppies!

On June 9 Lady brought four precious little lives into this world. She had two boys and two girls. Everyone got a healthy checkup from the vet on their birthday. Mom is doing fantastic and now that makes me a grandma!

Here's Lady six days before delivering:

Here she is with all her puppies:

And here is the group of puppies:

All three black & white pups weighed 6 ounces, and the brown & white pup weighed 5 ounces. They fit in the palm of my hand, so tiny and yet so perfect.

If you want to see how she progressed over the last month of her pregnancy and more puppy pictures you can see them here:
Lady & Family

For those of you who read about Lady's background, I'm very happy to report that she's coming around unbelivably well! When she was in the early stages of labor (24 hrs prior to first being born) she became extremely cuddly and actually seeking love and snuggling. She actually came up to me and let me pick her up and hold her as long as I wanted to. This is huge, especially considering Monday of this week she was still running if she even thought I was going to reach out to her. She's in the rescue now with her puppies and I have full visitation rights anytime I want to see her, but she'll be away until the pups are weaned now. I saw her tonight for the first time since she had them and she's still doing very well about being pet and did come up to me when I called her several times AND let me pet her! I cry just thinking about her past and how hard I've worked with her and to see her now, it's like she's already a brand new dog. She's my baby and an absolute angel in my eyes!!

~Chalupa, Lady, Moxie, Paiseley & Boozer~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

aww too cute

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

Congrats!

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 02:52 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg! how completely adorable! i want one!

what are you going to do with the puppies? do they have homes?

very cute!

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Smile

aww so so cute
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 06:30 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

They're so cute. I'm glad everything is going good with her.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

The rescue has "custody" of them and they've managed to get three great homes lined up before they were even born and I'm going to be adopting puppy #4.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 09:07 AM

Awwww, they are adorable. Congrats
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 09:32 AM

Congratulations on the health adorable puppies. I think it is great that you are going to adopt on. Good luck
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Glad to hear she and the pups are doing so well! Congrats on the new pup too!

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Congrats on the puppies and making a difference in the life of the mother! They are all very adorable!

Karen

[

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

To both you and Lady and to the pups

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

yah! i'm so glad they all have homes. which one are you keeping? boy or girl? how cute! congrats.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aww! The new pups are cute! ^.^

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks everyone!!

The one I'm keeping is a girl, she was the last one to be delivered and in the group pics she's the one with all the black spots. Her name is Moxie.

Tags
black spots