little help with my 13 week old pup. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

little help with my 13 week old pup.

Hi guys,

My pup Kobe (half Black Lab, half English Bulldog) is about 13 weeks old now. He has been doing pretty good and is getting much bigger. I have recently had some problems I wanted to get some input on. Kobe has been pretty good about potty training. We only had a handful of accidents inside the house....that is...until a couple days ago. He is kept in an exercise pin in our kitchen while my wife and I are at work. Her parents let him out around 10:30 - 11am and I come home on a late lunch break to let him out around 1:30pm-2pm. He has been on this schedule since we got him (7 weeks old). A few days ago, I came home at lunch to find a puddle on the kitchen floor. I did not really worry about it, because he rarely messes up. That night I came home to another small puddle. The next day he had one accident. Yesterday he had one accident (all number one) between my lunch and me coming home at 5pm. A three month old pup should be able to hold it for 3 hours and he has always seemed to understand that outside is the place to do his business. I have a vet appointment set up for tomorrow after work, so I will have him checked out. He does not eat anything other than his food (except the occasional fuzz ball on the ground that I can't get to before him). The only real toy I can get him interested in chewing on are those greenie toothbrush bones. They are edible, but I try to keep an eye on him (never give him one when we are not around) to make sure that he does not eat chunks of those (not sure if that would make him sick anyways). Basically....he seems in good health...he eats like horse....acts the same...except has had a lapse in bladder control these last few days. Any suggestions on what could be the problem? Is there anything I should ask the Vet to look for particularly?

I appreciate any help,

Square
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I would have the vet check for bladder or kidney infection first of all.

Second, I will add that accidents are common amongst puppies. 13 weeks is not that old. Hopefully the vet will be able to help you out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I agree with Chrisanne, accidents in a 13 week old pup can be very common. I would have your vet check him out just incase, however just because the pup was doing good doesn't mean he won't revert if the vet tell's you there is nothing wrong, after running tests (if they do that at all), then just be patient as it is not uncommon.
Best of luck!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Playful Pup

some pups have weeker bladders than others. my weimie couldn't hold it at all cuz she was so hyper and now my peke can hold it like 4 hours.
every pup is different, hope its ok. keep us posted.
love,
shannon
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks you guys. I am probably just worrying about nothing. It was just surprising that Kobe had these problems all of the sudden when he rarely had a problem from 7 weeks old until three months. Then, boom....2-3 days in a row in his 13th week he has 4 accidents in three days. He has not had a problem today so far. Hopefully nothing is wrong. I will try to take some pics when I get a chance so you guys can see who I am talking about.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I hope all turns out for the best, and can't wait to see pics

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
black lab, potty train, potty training