Photos! Lobo's slide - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Smile Lobo's slide

I really hope this works... if it doesn't I apologize. My feelings won't be hurt if it gets deleted... so here goes. This made a few people cry, I'm sorry if it makes you cry too but this is very important to me and I want to get it out.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...slide_0002.flv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Will It Ever Change?

good grief i bawled! great slide timing, great song selection, great picture choices. great moral to the story. whoop....still cryin lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was really proud of this when I finished it. I might republish it with a short video of him diving into the river by our house at the end. I think that might give it that truly heart warming ending it needs. Heres the funny part about all of this ... I CRY when I watch it and I MADE IT! lol The effect the video has is more intense if you knew Lobo personally ... hes just such a special dog. *getting teary eyed again*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Hello Earthling

Awww thats so sweet.And you really get to a good point that too many people want the pure bred dogs from the money-hungry breeders when mutts are just as good if not better.

I was going to say he looked like a wolf but then your video said he's a hybrid.

Its great that you'll be adopting him and saving him from certain death.

Hope to see more pictures in the future

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 PM

AWww.. thats really nice.. worth watching..
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

beautifuly done...what a gorgeous boy you have there loved it

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

OMG what a fabulous video! Lobo is absolutely gorgeous and i am glad he has found you guys!!! You make a VERY good point! xxxx

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Betta Bomb

man,im still wet-eyed! that was truly amazing,very heart-warming to know that someone out there loves such a wonderful dog enough to give him a chance,its not his fault that some idiot bred wolf into him ensuring almost certai death for his littermates and possibly parents. thank s for looking past the breed and into the dog himself! i have a mutt too,althogh great danes and yorkies appeal to me i wuld never buy a dog when i know how many i would be putting to death for the simple over-population crisis we have. my thought is if we bred and gave life to an animal(directly or in directly) we shuld be responsible for it to lead a sastifactory life.

i must add that all these "designer breeds" poeple are coming out with are jus mutts. you cross one pure-bred with a different pure-bred and your result is a mutt! some people find that hard to comprehend given the name on there dog"doodle" or "puggle"...oh well.Also pure breds have alot of problems bred into them in aot of cases such as rottweilers get hip displaysia,pugs and similar short nosed dogs get severe breathing difficulties.it discusts me how some people can get so ignorant over such an important matter...anyway instead of me sitting here rambling on,i will thank you once again for shedding the light on the matter with your beautiful Lobo.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Lobo is a cutie. Did you have to go through a lot of hassle to be able to adopt him? I know a lot of places don't allow people to keep wolf hybrids and shelters won't usually adopt them out.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Lobo is so beautiful....inside and out!

Lve Never Fails

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
Lobo is a cutie. Did you have to go through a lot of hassle to be able to adopt him? I know a lot of places don't allow people to keep wolf hybrids and shelters won't usually adopt them out.
No there were no hassle at all. When (Wamal Picked him up from the shelter they told the shelter workers, regardless if hes has wolf in him or not they have no proof saying he does. As far as they knew he was a malamute. The shelter workers just wanted a reason to make space ... so why not kill off all the dogs that look like wolf hybrids or pit bulls. It makes me sick. So Wamal adopted him and fostered him at the dog kennel I had been working at with my fiance. Since We're volunteers with Wamal and good friends with the board, when we fell in love with Lobo and decided to try to adopt him, They were so happy about it they waved all the adoption fees and background checks. We signed some paper work and a week later he was ours. All his vet paperwork says hes half malamute not wolf.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Thank you to everyone who responded, Your kind words mean a lot. Im glad I could bring a heartwarming tear to your eye... don't let it get to you too much. Lobo is spoiled rotten, seeing him now, you would never think he was in the situation he was in. He demands attention by smooshing his face into our legs and seems to think hes a lap dog like his house mates (sadie and pepper). Lobo also went on his first camping trip last week. I got some beautiful pictures of him (almost makes me want to make another slide show lol) and some good videos of him splashing around in the river by our campsite, which I might add to the slide show at the end and republish it. I would also like to add that I completely agree designer dogs are nothing more than mixed breed and where I disagree with breeding mixed breeds for profit ... if someone wants to give mixed breeds a fancy name just so people will be more interested in adopting our poor shelter mutts ... by all means do so.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

I also wanted to add! (Due to the sheer thought of the shelters carelessness toward such a wonderful dog) Lobo has attempted to save my fiance's life twice now! the first time was at the river by our house ... Mario (fiance) started splashing around in the water like he was drowning (as a joke) and lobo did a full dive into the river swam up to mario grabbed his arm with his mouth and pulled him back to shore. THEN while we were camping last week we went on a hike up the mountain and Mario sprinted up ahead of us with lobo. While he was further up the hill he noticed Lobo getting uneasy and all of a sudden his lips curled up and he started growling and barking viciously. Pure wolf mode! Then Mario heard a second growl... IT WAS A BEAR!! but before Lobo could lunge to attack the bear and protect his owner. Mario grabbed lobo's collar and ran him back down the hill!! Amazing!! I can't make this stuff up people.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Betta Bomb

incredible..
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 07:52 PM

He is a beautiful dog....I would take a "mutt" any day. I got my lab/pit the same way her owners found out she was not a pure breed and tied her out all winter long and she ended up with a URI and I went to a get together at the owners house and seen her and fell in love As I was leaving she let out a howl I stopped the car and asked if they wanted to get rid of her...I have had her ever since she is the best dog I could ever ask for I hope Lobo has a long and happy life with you love him everyday he is truely a special dog.

Tags
video