Logan embarrassed me on his last day of puppy class! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Red face Logan embarrassed me on his last day of puppy class!

I was SO proud of the fact I was able to teach Logan how to sit, go in the down position, give both paws, and speak on command I had to show off his talents on the last day of puppy class. When I got up to the front of the class, Logan lost all memory of what I taught him! He would only give one paw and when I asked him to speak, it wouldn't come out! I wasn't even going to attempt the down command! The last trick we were supposed to teach the dogs was to roll over. I had him in an isolated part of the classroom and needed him to get into the down position but he just looked at me like, "What do you want"? I realize he was just way too distracted with all the activity and it wasn't going to happen. Logan prefers to take a look at what all the other dogs are doing with their owners instead of learning something new. So, I basically brought home all that I learned from the puppy class and taught him at home. When we got home, he did everything! Including rolled over! Whoever said Bully breeds are stubborn was right on the money.

This Sunday instead of puppy class, the trainer is having playtime and giving owners the opportunity to help with whatever questions or problems we may have. I can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

It sounds like you enjoyed puppy class as much as I did...and Logan was as stubborn as Mirra was on the last day. I'm trying to find an indoor puppy class to enroll Sydnee in this winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 02:26 PM

My dogs will be 4 years old this Feb. and still don't do anything they are told.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

LOL Denise, silly dog!

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Dena, now I don't feel so bad!

Rhonda, we are signing up Logan for adult classes beginning in January.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

That's so funny!! Logan is such a ham! I bet he got more attention not doing the tricks than by doing them.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Whenever I teach the dogs a new trick, I go to show it off to my mom or something and they never do it .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Aww bless him.. Need to see some more pics soon Denise!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

At least he didn't vomit from excitement like Biscuit did!! and that was only her second class! You got to love bully breeds and their stubborn ways!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 10:41 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

oh i know how that goes also. except it happens in most classes....I can usually get Zoe to work on the first thing for a few minutes but after that she gets so distracted. when everyone else is working Zoe is going and sitting by everyone elses feet cuz she thinks they apparently have better treats or something.

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Logan sounds like my dog, Angel. She did the same thing. Scarlett, try Petsmart training classes. They're indoors.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 09:33 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

That is too hilarious. Bean did this to me when I took her in for show and tell in 7th grade. She was such a bright dog, knew tons of tricks and words... But the second we got in front of the (relatively small) class, she totally went blank. I think I got her to sit after multiple, embarrassing tries. I loved my dog even more for some reason, but it figured because the majority of that class disliked me for some reason I wasn't sure of, and so after that they only teased me more... I didn't care. I was happy I got to see Bean during school hours!!

And Denise, I request more Logan pictures as well!!!!!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 AM

Isn't that always the way! I think they Train US, and not vice versa! LOL!

Wishing you wet noses and warm kisses!

Tags
bully breeds