Loki hates walks - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris
 
Blacksheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 552
 
Loki hates walks

I will be honest, he is typically left at home with Spyro while Luna and me go jogging. Husband and I decided to take a short walk around the block. Spyro was ecstatic while Loki looked at me like "really?" He didn't seem too thrilled the entire time but came to life when we got back home.

What concerns me is that I read somewhere that healthy dogs like walks. Well he doesn't seem sick and played really hard with Luna when we got back. Is it just possible he doesn't like going for walks?

[B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spyro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loki
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Luna
Blacksheep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member
 
Nibbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 2,013
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
I will be honest, he is typically left at home with Spyro while Luna and me go jogging. Husband and I decided to take a short walk around the block. Spyro was ecstatic while Loki looked at me like "really?" He didn't seem too thrilled the entire time but came to life when we got back home.

What concerns me is that I read somewhere that healthy dogs like walks. Well he doesn't seem sick and played really hard with Luna when we got back. Is it just possible he doesn't like going for walks?
not all dogs like walks, its best to take them on a walk but not all of them are crazy about it, our old dog was to much of what i call a barbie to want to walk because he didnt like getting his paws dirty or was to lazy but if your truely concerned bring him to a vet.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Nibbler is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris
 
Blacksheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 552
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
not all dogs like walks, its best to take them on a walk but not all of them are crazy about it, our old dog was to much of what i call a barbie to want to walk because he didnt like getting his paws dirty or was to lazy but if your truely concerned bring him to a vet.
Not really lol but just wanted to see if anyone with a dog that did the same thing. He'd much rather watch tv and cuddle on your lap. Come to think about it, he doesn't like to step on already crunched leaves. Maybe he is kind of a barbie too?

[B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spyro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loki
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Luna
Blacksheep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member
 
Nibbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 2,013
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
Not really lol but just wanted to see if anyone with a dog that did the same thing. He'd much rather watch tv and cuddle on your lap. Come to think about it, he doesn't like to step on already crunched leaves. Maybe he is kind of a barbie too?
haha sounds like it

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Nibbler is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 05:57 AM
Adolescent Pup
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 206
 
Poor thing, but you must be careful he doesnt get over weight because he doesn't have any walks.
jeff jey is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris
 
Blacksheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 552
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jey View Post
Poor thing, but you must be careful he doesnt get over weight because he doesn't have any walks.
He plays pretty hard here. I think he gets enough running around the yard (as most small dogs do) but something about walks seems to get them more stimulated to me. Come to think about it, he is afraid of fireworks and a couple of days ago, some kids got arrested for blowing em up too early. They were doing it for a while I guess at their friends house. Then they came over here and all heck broke loose. I got him to go pee but I think he is afraid that they're still there, waiting to make more scary noise. His leash fell out of the closet today and he ran in a corner and started shaking poor thing.

[B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spyro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loki
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Luna
Blacksheep is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 802
 
I encountered few dogs that are bit lazy with walking around but it is good to know which activity they would like to do for exercise and fun.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wishbone is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Newborn Pup
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 24
 
It's common problem, most of the dogs don't like to walk. But yeah you should try to play with them, they love to play. play with them after feeding them, this will help your dog to grow strategically and it will be not like pig.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
russelgrane is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Newborn Pup
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
 
My mom's dog has the same problem. She don't enjoy walks.
dktotz is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome