Looking for a temporary home for ym dog (New York City) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Looking for a temporary home for ym dog (New York City)

Hi Pet Lovers!!!!!

I have the cutest little Maltipoo named Ma'Jolle (French for "my pretty"), and I absolutely love him with all my heart!!!

Unfortunately, I will me starting law school and fashion school in New York City this August and my schedule will not permit me to take care of him with all the love, care and devotion I have since I got him a year and a half ago. I cannot stand the thought of giving him up, (it's like giving your own child up!). Unfortunately, there are no temporary adoption agencies, so I thought this forum will be a great place to find a temporary home for him in the New York City area so I can visit him and spend time with him when I am able to.

It will only be for about 1 year so I can get through the hardest part of school until I am able to devote all my time to him again. I will also during that year be able to take care of all his financial expenses (food, vet visit, etc…)

Ma'Jolle is a year and six months old (he was born on Christmas Eve). He has a white coat, and ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT SHED!!! He is the most loving, and loyal dog. He loves to play and he absolutely loves people. He does get a little antsy when he is left alone, but he is just the best dog in the world. He is potty trained, and knows sit, down, stay, roll over, and all other basic dog commands. He is very well behaved in public, I even take him on his walks everyday without his leash and he is very good about staying until I tell him its okay to go. He is 9 pounds and the cutest thing in the world!!!!

If anyone in the New York City area is interested in taking my dog in for about 1 year while I am in school, please reply to this thread, and we can discuss the prospect further. I can also send lots of pictures of him. While this is a BIG decision, I am willing to have him stay for a weekend to allow you to decide if this is something you want to do. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Have you tried posting on craigslist.org? That's a good way to find people in your area. Best of luck finding a good foster parent

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------