Lyme disease - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Lyme disease

Does anyone know the symptoms of this disease on dogs?
I looked on the internet but it was not so helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I don't think they show up right away anyway think it takes a few months for any if some to appear. I think the key one is lameness which would show up but the others are internal problems which can only be diagnosed by a vet so if your worried i'd get it checked out at your vets!

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Last edited by Amethystbelle; 05-01-2005 at 03:50 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

He had one on his jaw them tick things only noticed it today and now he has a huge lumo where it was.

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thats probably just swelling, are you sure you got all of its head out?

Kirsty

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

It came out very easy.
They always do on him but none of the other times has him or the cats had swelling.
Does it normally swell?

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yes, sometimes it can swell depends on where it has been on the animal and how sensitive the skin is in that area. If you at all worried get it checked out by a vet as sometimes these things can become infected. I'd also discuss Lyme disease with your vet and seek their advice on the matter as they might be able to offer you the vaccine against it for your pets or have some advice on the symptoms and signs to look out for

Kirsty

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 02:55 PM

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

We called the vet and she said the lump is just swelling and lyme disease is quite rare in Sweden in dogs but if we are worried to call again or take him in.
He seems fine and I will see if the lump goes down in a few days if not I will take him.
Thanx for those sites

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My lhasa got a lump after she got a tick and it went down but took a few weeks to completely go and shes fine now

Kirsty

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
My lhasa got a lump after she got a tick and it went down but took a few weeks to completely go and shes fine now
Ok i have to ask now as you keep mentioning it and it would be nice to know what it is...
What is a lhasa?
Sorry

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

A Lhasa Apso, a breed of dog, see the black and white doggy in my signature thats what she is, shes an ancient Tibetan breed

Kirsty

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

aha!!!
I have never seen an animal in the UK with a tick b4

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Not very often seen but i take them out in the countryside a lot and theres horses and cattle so probably where they have picked them up in the past although been a fair few years now since i last saw one

Kirsty

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That is good.
That is why I did not know what they were coz my pets had never had them before.

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

Tags
lhasa apso, lyme disease