Mad Nieghbor - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Angry Mad Nieghbor

It all started 3 days ago when a skinny pit bull with a broken chain hanging from her neck showed up in our niehgborhood. We all feed her and gave her water. I asked everybody, Does this dog belong to you or do you want this dog? One of the nieghhood dogs bite the dog on her leg and it started swelling. No would commit to vet care. So I called the Humane Soc. I didn't want the dog to die a painful death due to the infection. Now I am the evil person for getting help for the dog. They say the poor dog wasn't doing anything to anybody why did you call and have her taken away. But they don't get or listen. What do you think?

Pets forever and Jesus foreverlasting life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Adolescent Pup

It was a good thing that you took the dog off of the street. The dog is a danger to itself and others. The dog needed vet care, you did that when no one claimed the dog as their own. Calling the humane society is good, but some humane society's put the dogs down humanely if there is no hope for the dog, or if the dog is not adoptable. Due to the fact that the dog was a pit bull it would of had a better chance at the aspca. You did what was needed to be done. You not only looked out for the safety of your neighborhood but for yourself and the dog, when no one else would. I give you props for that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Smile Thank you

For the encouragement. It was comforting. We are in a city were pits are adopted out. She has until the 28th. One person has a hold on her. Hope she gets a better home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Adolescent Pup

I am so happy for you and the pit. You did a good thing.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I think you did the right thing in the long run. She could've been hit by a car or picked up by the wrong person. I'm hoping that person with the hold on her gives her an awesome home.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

You did the right thing. No dog should be a 'neighborhood' dog. They need a home! Plus she needed medical attention. Don't your neighbors see that?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Smile Visit

I took my Osa for a Rabies shot. And then we went to the Animal Shelter to get her tags. I took Osa to look at the dogs and to see how the pit was doing. She looked good. I hope she gets a home.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Newborn Pup

We need more people like you in the world who are willing to save injured animals off the street. If your neighbors were so worried about her being taken away, why didn't they take her in and care for her? Because they didn't want the responsibility. You were the responsible one, and because of that, the dog got treatment, had food, shelter, and someone gets to adopt a healthy dog. Don't let them put a guilt trip on you. They were the "wrong" ones. By the way, I have a cat who got bit by another neighborhood cat. I cleaned his wounds and took care of him, but he soon developed a lump. He had to have surgery to remove an abcess that was a result of an infection to the wound. The vet said many animal's bite wounds become infected like this, even with treatment at home. My cat would not have gotten better if I wouldn't have taken him to the vet. This could have happened to the pit bull if you didn't take him for treatment.

~~~PATTY~~~
Mom to:
Cocoa (Labrador Retreiver)
Daisy (Beagle)
Elsie (Border-Collie mix)
Simba (orange/white cat)
Boo-Boo (black/white cat)
Molly (tabbey cat)
Aquarium fish
and all the strays that come my way!

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
--Arthur Schopenhauer (philosopher)

Tags
animal shelter, humane society, pit bull, vet care