Make it stop!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Make it stop!!

Well i guess it is time to whine about my roommates girlfriends dog again.

There are 4 living in the house, and many more coming and going as they please at all hours of the day. The stupid toy poodle barks every time someone comes in even to take out the trash. Even once she knows who it is she barks or growls. She isn't aggressive she never tries to bite and i think is barking with excitement, she isn't scared.

We tried a spay bark collar but she is only 3 lbs and so she was too small for the bark collar to work, then we got a high pitched noise remote to make the loud noise every time she barked she was uneffected. They wanted to get a shock collar but they don't make them for such small dogs at least not at any petstores or websites i've seen.

It is just so very annoying and we don't know how to make it stop. The problem is the girl that owns her doesn't see it as much of a problem and picks her up when she barks and says no then snuggles her.

They are starting puppy training classes tomorrow but i don't know how they will work for this issue.

I really want to tell the girl to not have the dog here as neither were supposed to live here and don't pay rent (Grr, some of you probably know this already)

I am sick of it. I need advice on how to make it stop.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Part of the Pack

Does your landlord know there is a girl living there with a dog who doesn't pay rent? If they find out they can fine *you* big time or possibly evict you. A permanent house guest is usually frowned upon and can show up in your lease as a No-No. Unlicenced pets not owned under contract in the lease agreement can also lead to eviction, no refund of your security deposits (for any damage the dog may or may not have caused), and serious fines.

As for the dog, sadly it's not your responsibility to train the dog. Your friend needs to be proactive and she needs to stop giving the dog positive reinforcement when it barks. Have you tried tiring the dog out? Get people to knock and come in and out constantly for a few hours without stopping, the dog may learn that people are no big deal.

Seriously though, if she's not on your lease she and her dog shouldn't be there You and your roommates who are can get in serious trouble for it because ultimately you are responsible for your apartment. She's just a "house guest."

~Ren~
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rags- Blue Healer/Border Collie Mix

Nelix- Yellow Lab Mix

Tippy- Black and White Fancy Rat

Fredi- Tan and White Fancy Rat

RIP- Aggie, Dorito
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

our landlord isn't good, it has taken 8 months for him to fix things that he said he would fix before we moved in. No animals are on the lease, however he said i know people have pets, it just saves my butt later. He has been here and seen the dog, and just kinda frowned.

As we speak she is in the other room whining for someone to come and get her.

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I am allergic to maths

Kick her out, you clearly arent happy with her living with you and since she isnt paying any rent she has no say in the matter. Also if she isnt paying for anything she should have some money (she does sound like the kind of person to spend it on shoes tho ), I would give her a month to find her own place then give her the boot! As for the dog it sounds as if it will always be in pretty much perfect health, apart from occasional over-feeding, but if she keeps treating it like that, it will never grow out of the puppy stages, take biting for example, if you dont teach it that biting is bad when its young then it will grow up thinking its ok, imagine being mauled by a fully grown dog that thinks its just playing. There is a thread about that somewhere, ill post the link when I find it
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

she has her own place her dad pays for everything, she supposedly lives with her sister, however i don't know the last day she stayed there! I guess i know there is very little advice to be given i was more ranting than anything

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Kicker out!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

She is moving to florida by aug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Hello Earthling

Awesome news!!!!

I kinda feel bad for the dog. This is a crazy girl that won't let it touch grass right?

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

they actually have been letting her out to play in the grass and things, however, they don't have a leash on her and she doesn't come when called so i don't know if that is actually good news or not.

[/CENTER]

Tags
annoying dog, dog barking