Manto chewing issues - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja
Nicole... where do you find the natural bones and what kind do you purchase? I would love to try a couple out and see what they do with them!
I'm talking about the raw, meaty bones I use in their BARF diet. Marrow bones, chicken bones, lamb bones, pork bones (all raw of course). I get them from my grocery store...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I do give him the pressed bones but he's not as interested in those as he is in *real* bones. He doesn't like the Nylabones and gets bored very quickly with his kong. He doesn't get the pigs ears very often. About once or twice a week.

Guess I will just continue to rotate the real bones and rawhides. I'll keep the pressed bones and nylabones available in case he decides he likes 'em someday! LOL
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 09:03 AM

just a quick thought.....Do any of you guys give your dogs the greenie toothbrush shaped chew toys? They are supposed to be good for the dogs teeth. My dog is just a pup still, so I get him the small ones. Kobe seems to like them, but I am afraid they might not last against a "SUPER CHEWER" (echo echo).

just throwin out ideas,

Square
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Square. I haven't given Manto a greenie since he was a little guy. Maybe I should try one again..? I just figured he would go through it so fast he wouldn't even enjoy it

Ya'll should see our laundry room shelf...where we keep Manto's supply of chew stuff. Looks like we're fixin to start a bone supply company.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 10:52 AM

My dogs loved rawhides and the bigger the better. I never had any problems with them. Only one of my dogs ever liked the nylabones. That was my Rottie and she was just like the big chewers on here. It was her favorite pass time. Those big bones look great. They didn't have those available when she was alive she'd have had a blast with those!

Tags
barf diet, chew toy, chew toys, dog food