mating problem? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

mating problem?

Dog expert please helping me. First time I saw my yorkie mate (stuck together) was on Nov. 7th, a day after that, they stuck again, 3 days after that, they stuck again. They stuck about 4 times that I can see. Then I don't see them stuck anymore, then 2 weeks later I see them stuck again. Ok I worry now. I thought they don't get stuck like that after she is pregnant... right??? Then after a month later, yesterday I saw them stuck together AGAIN!!! Is this normal?? or are they just horny?? please telling me..thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

oh one more thing.. i thinking that when they get stuck one time or two time already the female will not wanting him to do that anymore. So why is my female letting my male do that to her all the time???
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

no help here.. good bye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie4me
no help here.. good bye.
Keep in mind that alot of people are at work right now and won't be on their computers until they're home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:06 PM

As far as mating goes, the female will go into heat for about a week but won't be receptive to the male until the following week. I have never heard of dogs mating for 2 weeks straight. The male will want to mate but the female is usually receptive to him for only 4-5 days or so.

Rhonda

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

not just two weeks.. its been going on.. that is what I used to thinking too..but that is why i here to ask if this is normal?? my other yorkie, when she heating, she mate once or twice (stuck together) then she let him hit no more... but this other one, she letting him hit it all the time. The first time this female in heat, he was not able to hit it the right way, now that this is her 2nd heat, he learn how to hit her now he always wanting to hit her. When I let them out of kennel, he run right to her and jump on her. I turn around and they stuck together.. he is good learner..NO???
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

wow.. show me no lovin at a..... thanks alot great site.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 07:17 PM

Why don't you call your vet and see what they have to say about it. They are the true "experts" and may have some answers for you.

Rhonda

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 07:47 PM

Actually, since i'd never heard of any thing even remotely like that I contacted several breeders I know and was awaiting their response.

They all say the same thing. That is abnormal, consult your veterinarian.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm against breeding, so I'm not going to say anything because I don't want to be banned.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 11:26 PM

Please don't get upset because people don't respond. It doesn't mean we aren't a nice message board. I haven't been a member very long, but it seems like a majority of people are NOT breeders, so it makes sense that they would have NO advice to give.

Personally, I am against irresponsible breeding so I had nothing to offer, which is why I didn't respond.

My suggestion is to consult with your vet during the breeding process.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

thank yall alot for this much reply... i really do... well like i said earlier... good bye great site as I am really in the wrong place then.. wondering where I can go to a good breeder site...??? hmmmmmmmmm???
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Well, as there are a lot of other people with the same beliefs as you, I'm sure you can find one somewhere, but they are probably on the same level of knowledge as you. Best bet would be to contact your vet and have him handy as your baby goes through pregnancy and delivery.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

oh so sorry no vet needed i delivery my own babies. ok back to searching for education answers.. thanks again.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 06:54 PM

You don't use a vet? Aren't your dogs current on vaccines? Did they get a health screening before breeding?

Last edited by CTChin; 12-23-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
wild animal, wild animals