Maverick's vet visit - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Maverick's vet visit

Since everyone was so curious, I thought i'd update you all.

Maverick went for his 3rd puppy shot today. He is 13 weeks and 1 day. His weight was 37lbs on an empty belly. LOL

Doc said he looked great and to keep doing what we're doing. His leg and joint movement is great, eyes are good, teeth are perfect. Couldn't ask for a better report card than that.

Next appt is his last puppy shot and rabies. Trying to decide if i wanna do the microchip then or wait til he's under already when he gets neutered. Decisions Decisions. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Glad to hear all good news. He is such a cutie! (I know there is no pic posted......I just still think he is cute!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:05 PM

WOW Chrisanne he is a big boy, and sure sounds quite healthy I would do the microchip when you get his rabies done, that is JMO because it really isn't that bad, we only had 1 of our dog's and ONLY 1 of the cats not care for the injection. The other's didn't seem to care at all. I know the needle seems HUGE compared to a regular vaccination needle, but I'm sure he'll be just fine But if you want to wait until he is to get neutered than that will work too
Can't wait to see updated pics (hint, hint)!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:47 PM

Aww, that is wonderful Maverick got a clean bill of health. I just can't wait until he hits the 200 pound mark! Chrisanne, how many times a day do you have to feed him when he is an adult?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Right now he eats 3-4 times a day. When he's grown he'll likely be like everyone else and eat twice a day.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:56 PM

That is interesting! I thought the more a dog weighs, the more food they require. Chrisanne, please keep updating pics of Maverick. I am a big fan of Mastiffs!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 09:22 AM

It's great to hear that he had a perfect vet visit. More pictures wouldn't hurt either.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Great news! I agree we need new pics!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
That is interesting! I thought the more a dog weighs, the more food they require. Chrisanne, please keep updating pics of Maverick. I am a big fan of Mastiffs!
Yes and No. Maverick does eat more than my grown dogs right now, just in smaller portions and more incriments. However, when he's grown like others he'll level out.

Also, we have to keep an eye on what he eats. Since giant breeds grow so fast watching what they eat is very important.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:57 PM

Glad to hear he had a perfect vet visit!

Tags
vet visit