MDog keeps eating my 10 year old - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Angry MDog keeps eating my 10 year old

hi i have a 14 week old begal cross and it ok with my 12 year old my husband and me but my youngest smees to get biten all the time bye him and shes getting fed up off it can any1 give me tips thank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KITTEN ==== Elise (10 months)
KITTEN ==== Millie (11 months)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====Fatty (3 year oldish)

====Skinny (RIP 2 year oldish)

==== Fanny (RIP 9 Months)
DOG ====Deno (RIP 11years old)
PUPPY ===Alfie (RIP 9 months)

====Bertey (RIP 3 year old)
GERBIL====Nicola (RIP 2 years old)
FISH====80+(RIP)
RIP to Lots more Miss you all
Pink is for Female......Blue is for male

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Newborn Pup

You should buy Cesar Milan's book on how to be pack leaders.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Part of the Pack

Yea...That doesn't seem like a solution it seems like a plug for a Cesar Milan...

We had the same problem with my puppy after we got him. He chewed everything and he was especially fond of the back of my legs. We talked with our pet trainer and she suggested buying a product called Bitter Apple. I'd spray it on the things I didn't want him to chew on, like my legs, then I'd spray a little on my finger and force him to taste it. He learned quickly that people aren't for chewing. The draw back is that the stuff smells and you end up smelling like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Newborn Pup

No plug for Cesar

Your idea of the Bitter Apple was great! Especially if it worked for you. There isn't any reason for me to "plug" Cesar Milan other than he is brilliant and it sounds like the 10 year old needs to learn to be more assertive with the dog. If he/she is attacking her than the dog isn't respecting her and she needs to learn how to be more dominant. I have a 75 lb puppy who can be very destructive with his large energetic body. I have used Cesar's methods and they are very successful.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Hello Earthling

Teach your child to ignore the dog and to correct the dog. The in appropriate manner.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

When my dogs were pups they loved to nibble on whatever they could get ahold of. I just yelled "OW!" at them every time they latched on to my hand. Now they don't nibble on me at all. Tell your kid to yell OW every time the dog does it. It has to happen immediately, or the dog won't know the difference.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Or yip loudly, if the puppy knows it is hurting your kid then it should bite less hard or stop all together. My guess is your kid let the puppy bite them at first and then got tired of it.

When a puppy bites a good way is to say no bite and put your back to them.

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Betta Bomb

Kudo's to all said.Get in touch with a good reputable trainer and ask advice or even enroll your pup in basic training. I like Ceaser Milan and his methods seem like they work but I wouldnt go try them unless you really know what your doing or you may instill insecurity or fear in your puppy.

Good luck but your kid really needs to cooperate in the training since it's him/her thats involved more.

Tags
help needed