miniature american eskimo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

Question miniature american eskimo

my sisters friend has one of these and she is the sweetest thing....i wonder if anyone has had any experience with them or could tell me anything about them i should know before deciding whether or not i should get one???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I had a standard sized one but she was an awesome dog. She was actually my first dog that I got although we did have one that my parents had before I was born. They should get a lot of exercise, so I say go for it if you have a yard or will give it a lot of time to exercise.

Check this: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americaneskimo.htm

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I didn't even know there were miniature american eskimos. I love the normal size ones. That's cool that there are little ones!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Adolescent Pup

I've got to say that this was one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen.

http://www.canadogs.com/BreedAmEskimoMin.htm

Hi...this pup is going to be gecko's bday present from me...not really suprise or anything but...yeah. I'm wanting her to get something this size, and I think it'd be a good dog for her. She wants a dog that's very happy to see it's owner ALL THE TIME, much like most toy breeds tend to be, and that was the way her friend's min-eskimo behaved...very happy to get attention and was thrilled when her owner came back.

We're looking for something that size, even a standard eskimo might be good (but we may not have enough yard for it for a while) but we're looking at the "under 25lbs" range if you have any suggestions. Gecko likes cutesie people dogs and is wanting somewhat of a lap dog, and a dog that will always want attention. I'm partial to spitz breeds for a number of reasons, including their being great companions and general intellegence, and would prefer something along this line.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i do dog breed selector quizzes a lot, and i always get this one. the TOYS and MINIS(not standards) are like any other toy breed and don't require much exercise. they will do fine in an apt or house as long as you walk it. kind of yorkie-ish. i really want one, too!

here's a link to all the kinds of american eskimos.

american eskimos

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Hubby says they are Samoyed-wannabes. But don't mind him. He is a Samoyed loyalist.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
i do dog breed selector quizzes a lot, and i always get this one. the TOYS and MINIS(not standards) are like any other toy breed and don't require much exercise. they will do fine in an apt or house as long as you walk it. kind of yorkie-ish. i really want one, too!

here's a link to all the kinds of american eskimos.

american eskimos
Duh on me. I didn't even think about a mini one and exercise, I was speaking about a standard sized one.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!

Tags
lap dog