The miracle of a closed gate ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Arrow The miracle of a closed gate ...

Dunno how many times someone has to nag about keeping a gate closed ... after all, my hubby spent an afternoon last year putting up the fence for my doggies. What's the point if you leave the gate hanging open ?

Two neighbor girls brought the dogs home to my hubby today, unfortunately they didn't get them rounded up before Dutchy got hit. He's at the vet with some really tore up, swelled up, hind feet. He'll get X-rays (some of the toes look broken, but it's hard to tell with the swelling), and the wounds cleaned in the morning after he's sedated. He was walking on his own ... but one toenail is missing, so the quick is exposed, there's road rash, and a nasty puncture wound. Oh, and one toe pad is skinned pretty good. He'll get some acupuncture to help with the pain and to get the blood circulating too - this'll be our first experience with acupuncture.

Poor sweet boy, it could have been a lot worse - but it shouldn't have happened at all. Greg says "I bet he doesn't do that again" (run into the street) I like to think he (Greg) won't leave the freakin' gate open again.

So if everyone would keep Dutch in their thoughts and prayers, I'd appreciate it !!

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Oh Sharon how scary for your poor baby! He will be in my prayers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Sharon, poor Dutchy! He will be in my thoughts and prayers! I hope he's feeling better soon!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Oh no, poor Dutchy. I'll be saying a prayer for you all.

I've Been Frosted!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm very sorry that happened. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rhonda

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 09:37 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Poor Dutchie. I'll be praying for you and your baby!

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Oh Sharon! I am soo sorry!
Thankfully as you said it wasn't worse but still... hang in there hon! He'll pull through this! (especially with the power of the PT Prayer! )
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Poor Dutchy! We've wired our fence shut so that nothing like that would happen... why that was easier than just shutting the freaking fence, I have no idea I hope Greg learned a lesson by such a close call! Get well soon vibes to Dutchy!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I hope your baby is feeling better soon! Its hard for a dog to go through something like that...and hopefully he will remember to shut the gate from now on. We have some terror kids in our neighborhood, and they run through your yard at night, when playing, and they leave both gates open all the time, the front and the back! Its really irritating to have to go chasing your dogs in a towel at 8 in the morning! Keep your head up! He will feel better soon...especially with acupuncture...what a lucky dog!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Princess in Waiting

Poor babies - both of you! And no, Dutchie won't remember if he sees the gate open again - out he'll go!

We have locks on our gates and anyone who does work in our back yard knows that they have to listen to the sharp side of my tongue if one of my girls gets out!

I don't know what to do about husbands. Mine left the front door standing open one day. I think that's a bit worse than a fence - considering all the dogs were inside at the time! Wallis had an adventure, Mom had a heart attack.

Good luck. If it is a gate you don't use often I'd consider wiring it shut, like Becki said. Thank goodness the kids in the neighborhood know the dogs! His poor feet! Ouch! Let us know how it goes! (A good sign is that they were able to wait until today to work on them and not do surgery immediately.)

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Oh no! Dutchie will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. How's he doing today, Sharon?

Stephanie

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

Aww, poor thing! I hope he gets better soon. He's definately in my prayers!

I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Thanks everyone, for all the thoughts and prayers ...

Dutchy's going to be fine. Nothing's broken, Doc says he has a lot of soft tissue damage, and a lot of damage to his nails. He's staying there another night, because at about 4 or so, he was just coming out of the anesthetic (they sedated him to clean the wounds). He'll come home with an antibiotic, pain meds, and both hind feet bandaged. No problems with his back or anything, guess he was really lucky ...

My sweet boy comes home tomorrow - poor guy's only been home a day and a half out of the past 2 and a half weeks !!

Sharon
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I am glad he is going to be okay! (Ray also said when i turned ont he car for me to check on that dog, so i guess he was showing his concern too) I'd crap my pants. I am so glad Ditchie is going to be okay!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm glad to hear he will be ok. Give him a hug from all of us!

Rhonda