Most intelligent breed? Most affectionate? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: What basic breed do you prefer? (Post if other)
Golden Retrievers 10 9.17%
Rottweilers 5 4.59%
Labs 12 11.01%
Border Collies 2 1.83%
Poodles (Standard or toy) 2 1.83%
Bischon Frise 0 0%
Maltese 1 0.92%
Shi Tzu 1 0.92%
I prefer mutts (post varieties) 17 15.60%
Other (Post) 59 54.13%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyChantelle
Elvis Lee Mommy, this is my dog Charlotte:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/MVC-069S.jpg
She has a dirty nose from digging in the yard. The dog in the background is Dixie, my Boxer/Bull Mastiff mix. She passed away from Cushing's Disease but she was a really awesome dog. Such a sweetheart. I miss her
Thanks for the pic....both furbabies are beautiful....I do like Mastiffs also....I like small dogs & very big ones best.....I'm sorry for your loss....she was gorgeous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyChantelle
My Great Dane was also bitten by a small dog! She had a large wound on her leg that needed stitches. I guess it's a common thing for Great Danes to get attacked by smaller dogs, haha. I remember when it happened, she didn't even try to reciprocate. She just slinked over to me with her tail between her legs. So much for being a huge tough dog, lol.

Elvis Lee Mommy, this is my dog Charlotte:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/MVC-069S.jpg
She has a dirty nose from digging in the yard. The dog in the background is Dixie, my Boxer/Bull Mastiff mix. She passed away from Cushing's Disease but she was a really awesome dog. Such a sweetheart. I miss her
What a beautiful dog...If I decide to breed these dogs, though, I guarantee to you and myself that I'm going to have to buy an acerage...
post #18 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:37 PM

Haha, yeah, you'll definitely need some space. Great Dane puppies are so adorable though. It's amazing how they start out like a regular puppy and then shoot up to be HUGE. Charlotte was ridiculously cute when she was little. She was just a little puppy but she had these huuuuge paws that she tripped over all the time. It's funny how they have to grow into some of their body parts, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Adorable, aren't they? I think most dogs need a lot of space. Even lap dogs like basking in the sun. At least my bischon frise does. She's a very smart dog, who shows emotions and has a glitter of intelligence in her eyes. I wouldn't have thought such a small dog would be so smart.
post #20 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:28 PM
RAT ADDICT

I chose "other" as my all time favorite dog is the greyhound.They are such loving,beautiful dogs that do not need too much care.I adore them!

I also love rotties,pitbulls and beagles.There are a ton of breeds I love, but those are my favorites...oh and borzoi!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #21 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 12:20 AM

My favorite breeds are German Shepherds and Standard Poodles. I have 3 German Shepherds and I hope to get a Poodle one day. Ger man Shepherds are very smart and if they are not given a job to do so they are mentally stimulated daily they will give themselves a job and you might not like it. If you have a dog from good breeding they are like having a child. My male shepherd acts just like a 6-7yr old kid. He pouts and he gets jealous too. I know experts say dogs don't share our emotions but I know mine do. I can't imagine not having German Shepherds around.
post #22 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 06:42 PM

I'm a Samoyed fan myself. They're very smart and extremely affectionate. They're beautiful, don't drool and have no dog smell. They're very much people dogs and don't seem to realize they're not just hairy kids. They've got a ton of personality. Samoyeds are famous for their smiles and I swear my dog Bear had a sense of humor. The down side: lots of hair, they view themselves as equals so they're hard to train, they love to dig, and they're born escape artists.
post #23 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 09:32 PM

I like mixed breeds and border collies and terriers, I guess cuz I have a bordercollie mix and a norfolk terrier. Border collies seem so smart and are the easiest to housetrain than any other animal I have ever had. My terrier is a bit aggressive but is also the most loving and attentive dog ever.
post #24 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:18 PM

I know I am completely biased but I believe the American Pit Bull Terrier is very intelligent and extremely affectionate. They are tenacious, loyal, intelligent, and comical. I believe the APBT communicates with their eyes more than any other breed out there. They will do anything for their owners which is why the "breed" is in such turmoil today. Is it any wonder the APBT was chosen as America's WWI poster dog and Sergent Stubby was the most decorated canine officer in US military history?
post #25 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 03:05 PM

I have a lot of favorite breeds. I love Rotties..APBTs..Chihuahuas..Great Danes..
but to breed, I'd say a Brussel's Griffon for a very smart little dog..a companion breed.
But if going for something more active, I'd say Rotties.
post #26 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 06:10 PM

my vote was other.i think dobermans fit all of those discpritions
post #27 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 08:22 AM

I also voted for other. German Shepherds are my *favorite* breed. They are extremely intelligent (hence the reason they are used as police dogs, drug sniffers, etc).

I love my little dogs too (a chihuahua and a yorkie) but nothing compares to the intelligence of a GSD. IMO, of course.
post #28 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

I think German Shepherds, Border Collies and Great Danes are my favourites. I prefer medium to large dogs, and those ones I find are both beautiful and intelligent.
post #29 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Adolescent Pup

German Shepherds are my favorite dog of all time! Loyal to the end, extremely intelligent and caring. They are devoted to their family, which I love. My GSD mix is my pride and joy. He is so so smart and has such a amazing personality, I am getting a purebred this summer and I am SO SO excited!!!

German Shepherds all the way!!
post #30 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:56 AM

Are German Shepherds good with other dogs and cats? I knew someone as a kid who had a German Shepard that killed cats (the guy may have trained him to do that ) and I've always had it in my head that you can't really trust them around other animals. I think the breed is beautiful and I wouldn't mind having one someday if it wouldn't put my kitty and the other dogs at risk.

Tags
animal planet, animal rescue, australian shepherd, beautiful dogs, border collie, boston terrier, breed dogs, bull terrier, bull terriers, chow mix, collie mix, dog owners, elvis lee, family dog, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, human food, jack russel terrier, jack russell, jack russell terrier, king charles spaniel, lap dog, lhasa apso, mixed breed, mixed breeds, pembroke welsh corgi, pit bull, pit bull terrier, puppy mill, puppy mills, rat terrier, reputable breeder, shih tzu, terrier mix, vanilla rat