Most intelligent breed? Most affectionate? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: What basic breed do you prefer? (Post if other)
Golden Retrievers 10 9.17%
Rottweilers 5 4.59%
Labs 12 11.01%
Border Collies 2 1.83%
Poodles (Standard or toy) 2 1.83%
Bischon Frise 0 0%
Maltese 1 0.92%
Shi Tzu 1 0.92%
I prefer mutts (post varieties) 17 15.60%
Other (Post) 59 54.13%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:11 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfielder
Are German Shepherds good with other dogs and cats? I knew someone as a kid who had a German Shepard that killed cats (the guy may have trained him to do that ) and I've always had it in my head that you can't really trust them around other animals. I think the breed is beautiful and I wouldn't mind having one someday if it wouldn't put my kitty and the other dogs at risk.
They can learn to get along with cats and other dogs, just like any dog! Just because the guy you knew who had one that killed cats, does not mean they are all like that.

We had 2 german shepherds when I was a kid.They were greyt dogs, full of love and were loyal.They can make wonderful family pets, with or without cats/dogs!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfielder
Are German Shepherds good with other dogs and cats? I knew someone as a kid who had a German Shepard that killed cats (the guy may have trained him to do that ) and I've always had it in my head that you can't really trust them around other animals. I think the breed is beautiful and I wouldn't mind having one someday if it wouldn't put my kitty and the other dogs at risk.
My shepherd gets along wonderfully with my kitty, and my chins, and my rabbit. He doesn't care at all!!! I would trust my shepherds around cats, other dogs and small animals more than a golden retrevier, or a lab...
post #33 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 03:50 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

I chose other. Doberman Pinschers are awesome. I have a female doberman/german sheppard cross and she is incredibly smart. The downside is that she is very stubborn. I read up on dobermans and this is very common.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the info on German Sheperds Vanilla Rat and Riddick.
post #35 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Leo

Pomeranians are very intelligent if you go to www.akc.org and check out their breed standard you will see that it says that they are intelligent little dogs.... My little Leo is very affectionate and a super cuddler.... he will lay about anywhere on me and always wants to be next to me (but not in an annoying way). If you are going to be a responsible breeder I would say Pomeranian.
post #36 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Pomeranians are very intelligent if you go to www.akc.org and check out their breed standard you will see that it says that they are intelligent little dogs
Hey Ally, cool signature. add some pics of your boys to it if you can. another great site for pomeranian breed info is:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/pomeranian.htm Leo would look adorable in a lion cut.
post #37 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 06:03 PM

Thumbs up Yay for mutts!

I picked mutts, mostly because that's all I've ever known. My parents got me a puppy from the shelter when I was 8 years old, and she was my best buddy for 17 years. What's better than dog and kid growing up together?! I don't know what her parentage was...the shelter guessed possibly poodle/terrier (white, long ears and about 25 lbs with wavy hair). My parents now have a West Highland White TERROR. She is a major handful. Most Westie rescue sites require that the adopters be previous Westie owners, so maybe they're all like her...yikes: .
post #38 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 11:35 AM

Golden Retrivers are so beautiful and intelligent they have to be one of my favourite breeds! But really i love them all! :hpydance:
post #39 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I've owned and been around many different breeds....mutts, German Shepards, Collies, Boston Terriers, Lhasa Apso, Great Dane, Pit Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, Doberman, Weimaraner, Beagles, Poodles, Labs, Pomeranians.....these have been breeds I myself have owned or my family has owned.

The breeds I have enjoyed the most are my Red Doberman and my Boston Terriers. They're smart and loyal. I love my Bull Terriers but they can be extremely stubborn and can be a handful at times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #40 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 02:13 PM

My sister and her sister-in-law both have Rat Terriers that they are in love with. I'm not much of a dog person myself, but I'll even say my sister's dog is very well-behaved and friendly.
post #41 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Lyn

I have owned chows for many years and have found them to be a great family pet. However, poor breeding and mishandling have caused them to receive a bad reputation. My chows have never bitten anyone. I currently have a 16 week old cream female that I just love. She is the most playful pup and keeps us running. LOL
post #42 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Adolescent Pup

Oh my gosh!!!!! SHE IS A GIANT POOF!!!! I love her!!! She is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!
post #43 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 03:37 PM

Oh my gosh, what a cute puppy! I want one. (Of course I say that about all puppies.)
post #44 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:08 PM

smartest dog

hi there ,my scooter is so so so smart,he is a small chihuahua. he speaks to us all the time. he lets me know when he wants adrink from a water bottle he lets me know when he wants his treat, when he sees us eating our snack he wants is treat. he can pick out a line of 15 different toys,by there names.he lets me know when he wants to be massaged. he understands everything.potty bye-bye night-night. eat treat, bic-scuit,yum-yum,outside, outback,broth,papa,mama, jc, puppy,yucky,stop over sit stay ,come, frisbie,bunny,puppy,doggie,baby,duckie,gator,frog, monkey,blanket,pillow,shoe,jamies,take-off,home, My dog is very intelligent.he speaks to us all the time.we he was a baby,he barley weighed 1/2pd. we did everything with him, took him everwhere with us, people always petted him. he loves everybody. hes not like alot of the chuihuahuas. he doesnt snap at people.we give him unconditionallove, and it shows. hes not ever had human food. he never begs. when we eat our snacks we give him a rawhide. he also loves his walks which he knows the word and his bike rides, and his stroller rides. he loves them all. he can learn something in 10 minutes and remember it.well thats what i have to say about our scooter. he does eat royal cain chi food. only. plus his broth occasionally!!
post #45 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
I currently have a 16 week old cream female that I just love. She is the most playful pup and keeps us running. LOL
Wow, she is such a cutie pie! She looks like she has a great personality. Give her a tummy rub from me & Elvis Lee.

Tags
animal planet, animal rescue, australian shepherd, beautiful dogs, border collie, boston terrier, breed dogs, bull terrier, bull terriers, chow mix, collie mix, dog owners, elvis lee, family dog, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, human food, jack russel terrier, jack russell, jack russell terrier, king charles spaniel, lap dog, lhasa apso, mixed breed, mixed breeds, pembroke welsh corgi, pit bull, pit bull terrier, puppy mill, puppy mills, rat terrier, reputable breeder, shih tzu, terrier mix, vanilla rat