Most intelligent breed? Most affectionate? - Page 8 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: What basic breed do you prefer? (Post if other)
Golden Retrievers 10 9.17%
Rottweilers 5 4.59%
Labs 12 11.01%
Border Collies 2 1.83%
Poodles (Standard or toy) 2 1.83%
Bischon Frise 0 0%
Maltese 1 0.92%
Shi Tzu 1 0.92%
I prefer mutts (post varieties) 17 15.60%
Other (Post) 59 54.13%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 116 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Springers are yes hyper and an on the go dog but worked with at a young age they will settle. Every one could not belive at 3 and 5 months old how calmb our show springer was but she worked with ther and told her to chill out or settle which ment not play time. She is still like this to day calmb and mellow untill we menchen play. Han was worked with but not much and was gotten for an older lady who cant really keep up with a younger dog but the kids never helped her out and had mistreated it. So he is hyper and we are working on the settle with means he will settle but the tail keeps going. LOL
he is 2 know and he dose great but has his moments and we are starting to see were he is starting to settle with age but he was basicly put right in with older dogs and excpected to play adult dog and never be pup and forum in to adult dog so he is an adult with the puppy personality. But when he is is just laying around and not active and excited thats our quie that he is not himself. Same with my parents or the family show. When her hyper oe playful sparkel is not sparlking thats how we know that she is not well or is haveing an off day.
I like cattle dogs and most working dogs. Aussies and borders I like they are very smart isnt there a border who is like the top smartest dog in the world. And I like what is called the kelpie. I 1st see one on seame street growing up their was a song call Bob the kelpie and it when like this
sheep a Q shep a be-yut sheep a soft and curly when I take them in to town i have to take them early, they never go the way i want so i need some one to help me, so i just give a whisole (whisole sound) and I call for Bob the kelpie. Or has any one heard of a Kelpie?
dont know if any one eals has ever heard that but it basicly in the songdecribed what they are used for. but I would not mind one day having one. They are nice looking dogs to me.
Diamond

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Adolescent Pup

my aunty has a german shepherd, blue, he grew up with a cat, bobbins, and the cat always used to go and clean the dogs face for him it was so cute, they where best friends but i guess you would have to get a puppy GSD because you have a kitten they could grow up together

R.I.P gerbil- tiger
R.I.P gerbil- Benny
R.I.P Hamster - Holly
R.I.P Gerbil- Badger
R.I.P Cat- Blacky
R.I.P bird- jem
Forever i will remeber and miss you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i miss you tocco and the other babies
post #108 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMad View Post
my aunty has a german shepherd, blue, he grew up with a cat, bobbins, and the cat always used to go and clean the dogs face for him it was so cute, they where best friends but i guess you would have to get a puppy GSD because you have a kitten they could grow up together
That would be a wise decision. To bring a Kitten or a cat into the adult German Shepherds territory, would be. Dare I say it. Suicide For the ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #109 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelrose View Post
That would be a wise decision. To bring a Kitten or a cat into the adult German Shepherds territory, would be. Dare I say it. Suicide For the ?
Not all dogs hate cats.With proper introductions things can go quite well.I know several people who have introduced kittens to adult dogs.

Diamond - it is nice to see your spelling is getting better.I could understand that last post alot easier then your other ones! And I know of the Kelpie.Not very common,but nice looking dogs.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #110 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Not all dogs hate cats.With proper introductions things can go quite well.I know several people who have introduced kittens to adult dogs.

Diamond - it is nice to see your spelling is getting better.I could understand that last post alot easier then your other ones! And I know of the Kelpie.Not very common,but nice looking dogs.
I can tell you from personal experience I have never seen a cat and a purebred German Shepherd get along. The GSD breed is known for it's hatred of cats.
post #111 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:39 AM
RAT ADDICT

NOT ALL GSD's hate cats.

We grew up with Germand Shepherds AND cats! And I know people who have GSD's and cats.The breeder I am going to for my GSD has cats.If the dogs are raised with cats,they get along with cats.So just because YOURS hated cats,does not mean every single German Shepherd hates cats.Trust me,I know the breed as this is the breed I will be getting in the future.I have researched and talked to owners of them.And not everyone has cat aggressive dogs!

NOT ALL GSD's hate cats,thats a ridiculous thing to say!

Thats like saying ALL "pits" bite,ALL Beagles hunt,ALL chihuahuas are neurotic,ALL Labs are good family dogs...NOT ALL DOGS are the same.I have experiance with alot of different breeds too,from being involved in rescues and through friends who have dogs and not all of them fit the stereotypes.

* Lisa *

post #112 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:49 AM
RAT ADDICT

"monsterous GSD's and cats"!

With ANY breed of dog,if you want it to be okay with cats...then socialize them while they are young.And even some adult dogs can learn to like cats.With the Beagle rescue I am with,alot of the Beagles who have never been around cats are cat tested and turn out quite fine with cats.

* Lisa *

post #113 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

i loooove GSD's! and great danes! and Bouvier bernois (bernese?) I just like big dogs! and then as mixes, I LOOOOVE pits! (i don't consider a pit bull a pure breed... since you know it's made up of 3 other "pure" breeds) I really like the ones exactly like ShannonMaries, a sort of bluish grey and white! with the big face
But any big dog I get HAS to be well mannered and get proper dog training!
I saw a woman she had a bernese mixed with a golden... the dog was the cutest thing in the world!
post #114 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:02 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

my father had a Germen and it was around cats and never did anthing. He would chace the neighbors cat out of the yeard becuase he knew it didnt belong in the yard but he never hurt them. And he had cought a few and he suffered scratches but he wanted to attually play with them but they didnt.
Some dogs and cats get along and others dont.
But I love big dogs makes a short person feel safe or to me it dose. But I love little cute lab dogs to. I love bi shaggy breeds like the Old English sheep dog. or small fluffy lopso's. Or a huge strong st bernard to a little tiny min pin. I think I like each breed as in some are my favoirt and others i think I understand and like as in becuase I respect and get what the breeds are about.
Diamond

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #115 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 AM

I love this picture.
post #116 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Newborn Pup

My Basenji mix has been the smartest, most in- tune with me dog I have ever owned. He reminds me of my wolf.

Tags
animal planet, animal rescue, australian shepherd, beautiful dogs, border collie, boston terrier, breed dogs, bull terrier, bull terriers, chow mix, collie mix, dog owners, elvis lee, family dog, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, human food, jack russel terrier, jack russell, jack russell terrier, king charles spaniel, lap dog, lhasa apso, mixed breed, mixed breeds, pembroke welsh corgi, pit bull, pit bull terrier, puppy mill, puppy mills, rat terrier, reputable breeder, shih tzu, terrier mix, vanilla rat