Moving Madness - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Moving Madness

Hi Everyone,

So this weekend (starting today) I am moving into our first house!
Very stressfull and exciting for us, But I'm sure it's just going to be stressful on our Doggy Whizz.

Whizz is going to eventually have her own room. I've had to kennel her during bad weather and winter (she HATES the cold) for the last 2 years were we have been living. We kenneled her b/c we didn't own the place and the roommate who owned it didn't want her running amuck the house (his house, his rules). She also can jump anything and would decide to take herself for a walk on the 4 lane busy road behind us.
She has a bit of seperation anxity so likes to wreck things if we leave her unsupervised in our room.

I want to know if anyone has an "Tricks" to help make this a easier move on our doggy. We've only had her 2 years, and she's already been through 2 other homes so being in a new place can be upsetting for her, and I KNOW she will try and distroy stuff.

We've been to the house to get the key's and bring a few things twice now and brought her each time. So her first "sleep" there will probably be tomorrow night.

Any Hints and Tips would be much apperiacted!
Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Assuming you will have a back yard right? Then when you leave somewhere you could leave her in the back yard with a place she can go to for shade. She can't really ruin your things being in the yard, as for the house, I just would suggest letting her in when you or your other half will be able to watch her. Yes it will be stressful for her but at least she is going with you and not another family. I hope your move goes smoothly and she settles in soon Sorry I couldn't give you much advice.

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I suggest crate training. You can search it on the site and there are a bunch of older threads going over it. Moving sucks but getting a new house and making it your own is wonderful. Best of luck! Oh and JMB has a dog with seperation anxiety i think, so she might have some helpful [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

It's a brand new house and doesn't have a fence yet We have to try and save up for one.
She is an "indoor" dog when it's not warm or if it's wet outside (and it's REALLY wet outside right now, being winter).
And being there is no fence the only way I can let her out is on a chain. There is a farmers corn field in our backyard and only 1 neighbor has a fenced yard so far so I cannot just let her run loose.

I'm sorry I say "kennel", as in her crate. She is crate trained and will stay there untill we can get her personal bed room done LOL (the gerbils have there own room too LOL).

I just want to know if there are any ways to make her feel more comfortable about the move.
She knows something is going on, she's acting a bit strange these past few days. Always with that "bad dog" face :p

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!

Tags
crate trained, crate training