my 13 year old puppy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

my 13 year old puppy

my dog is 13 @ getting a little clumsy etc. sometimes she wakes [email protected] night panting & im pretty sure its because of pain. i give her buffered asprin but i dont think its enough any more. is it too late to start her on the joint meds? i hear conflicting advice,but if you have some you think would help i will listen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

best advice take her to a vet, theres always going to be conflicting advice about everything a vet would know best.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Playful Pup

I am not sure if the the joint supplements will help. I agree with visit the vet. They do have highly effective pain killers. We had a Lab that only was able to live to be 15 due to pain killers from the vet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Newborn Pup

Hi Rederic,
First of all well come to this forum and your pet is so old. My suggestion is please go to nearest vet as soon as possible then updated me please.

Thanks !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Newborn Pup

I may suggest that you give vitamins to your dogs specially when your dog is listless.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Newborn Pup

...best advice is to bring her to the vet...

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Newborn Pup

I've seen this in one dog i had at age 8. The vet said to bring her in as that behavior is not normal. Give your vet a call at least

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 PM
canis lupus familiaris

Yes no maybe so. Depends on what is causing the pain. I have seen dogs come in and were given aspirin with glucosamine and were eventually weaned off aspirin. Glucosamine helps restore synovial fluid in certain joints (of course not all joints have it either.) Aspirin carries the horrible side effect of stomach ulcers so yeah I'd get her checked out.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Newborn Pup

It's never too late to start her on joint med. You will likely see a difference fairly quickly. Here's a tip: Use human joint meds. You'll pay 1/4 the price and get the same results. I've been doing it for years. Plus, sometimes it's more potent.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Newborn Pup

I would give her glucosamine/chondroitin but even more importantly I have discovered enzymes, and in particular WOBENZYM N, which you can get at health food stores. It is amazing stuff... it's basically a natural anti-inflammatory, and it works. Try it!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 11:29 AM
Newborn Pup

It's never too late to start giving medications but it is best to consult a vet first before giving any medications. There are also a lot of useful stuffs you can resort to on the internet. I don't know if it's allowed to link here but I won't do it anyway as I don't wanna be banned. Your dog is quite old, he/she needs all the love, attention and care he/she could get from you and probably from the people around you. Take care!

Tags
older dog