My Dog? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation My Dog?

my dog cassie has been acting weird. like shes been shaking, yelping randomly, we think she might be in labor but we are not sure???
can anyone help me please i want to know ASAP i don't want her to hurt!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sally 16 year old Balck lab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chewy 6 year old Samoyed mix

Cassie 6 year old Britney spanial

Choctaw 3 year old Chocolate lab

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Hello Earthling

Is she pregnate? Take her to the vet.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
RAT ADDICT

Is she pregnant?
If not,it could be seizures...I agree...VET!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

we can't take her to the Vet though We can't Even Make are Bill's

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I'm sorry, but she needs a vet and soon. It doesn't sound good for her.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Hello Earthling

Contact rescues and see if they could take her. You may have to give her up but at least she'll receive the care she needs.

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

no i am not going to give her up besides it cost money at all the shelters around me. iv had her her full life. and she is 6 so no

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Hello Earthling

Well then find a way to get her to the vet!!! Don't let her suffer just because you want to keep her. I am sure some place or someone can take her.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

if i let her go my dog chewy will probly die from heart break then my dog choctaw will die then and then my dog sally

and then i will be out of dogs

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Dogs are pretty strong emocionally, but it probably hurts them even more to see their friend in so much pain. This could be a huge problem, maybe even something with the brain. Please, go and get her checked out, or take her to a shelter. Its much better than having her die without doing anything.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello Earthling

Just because one dog is not there anymore does not mean all the others will. Get her some help NOW

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Dee can you describe to me how she is shaking? Is it uncontrollably? Does she seem a bit out of it or dizzy after an episode? It sounds to me like your pup may be having seizures and really needs to see a vet. If you are having problems financially my best advice to you is to call around and see if one of the area vets can help with a payment plan or if they would take a look without money up front right now beings there is a possibility of seizures. If she is pregnant the risk is even higher. She could have Eclampsia, which, while normally found in humans can affect animals as well if their blood pressure gets to high.

If you cannot pay to have the animal treated then I am afraid the best thing for you to do is take her to someone who can help her. I understand you don't want to get rid of your dog but it seems to me your being a bit selfish. Your other dogs have each other and you. They're not going to die if you take one away. This is for the best of her health. It will be harder on the other dogs if she is in pain or dies at home. Do the right thing.

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

http://www.carecredit.com

Show the site to your parents and get her to a vet asap.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogGirlDee View Post
no i am not going to give her up besides it cost money at all the shelters around me. iv had her her full life. and she is 6 so no
If you aren't going to help her then why are you asking us what to do? We have told you what you need to do and if you can't agree, then we can't help you anymore. I sure hope she is alright.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 02:25 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
If you aren't going to help her then why are you asking us what to do? We have told you what you need to do and if you can't agree, then we can't help you anymore. I sure hope she is alright.
I agree.
You asked us what to do,we told you and now you are making excuses.Quite frankly you shouldn't have so many pets if you cannot afford them.

Do the right thing for your dog's sake.She needs to see a vet.
If you can't afford the vet,you can't afford the pet!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
dog problems