Is my dog cute? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Time for a funny story... I work at a grooming salon. One day these people came into my work to get their dog groomed. As we were getting him into the computer, we were training a new girl how to do it so we were saying everything out loud. When we got to the dog's breed, I said "Okay, now hit P and go down to Pekingese." The lady said "She's not a Pekingese! She's a Shih Tzu! I spent $1200 on her and have papers and everything!" My manager came over and said "Actually ma'am, she is a Pekingese. Would you like to see a picture?" The lady said yes, so we showed her a picture of a Shih Tzu and a Pekingese. She was like "Hmm...interesting. Well, then I've got a Pekingese." Apparently she didn't research Shih Tzus before she went out and bought one. And on top of that, she got him from a puppy mill. At least she wasn't bothered by it being the wrong breed. She still comes in and Bubba (yeah, I know) is spoiled rotten... I just thought it was a good story.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah3232
Well, I hate to burst your bubbles but he is a german shepherd!
I wasn't arguing that it wasn't a german shepherd I was just saying it looked a lot like my Mal. Sorry if I offended you I didn't mean to.
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. To all those who think Otis is not a german Shepherd, you are also wrong because he is registered with the Kennel Club for German Shepherds!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycat
I wasn't arguing that it wasn't a german shepherd I was just saying it looked a lot like my Mal. Sorry if I offended you I didn't mean to.
Sorry, i was not referring to you, i was referring to the person who asked me in the first place. Plus, it is not nice when someone thinks you don't know your own dog, lol!
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchris_28
Time for a funny story... I work at a grooming salon. One day these people came into my work to get their dog groomed. As we were getting him into the computer, we were training a new girl how to do it so we were saying everything out loud. When we got to the dog's breed, I said "Okay, now hit P and go down to Pekingese." The lady said "She's not a Pekingese! She's a Shih Tzu! I spent $1200 on her and have papers and everything!" My manager came over and said "Actually ma'am, she is a Pekingese. Would you like to see a picture?" The lady said yes, so we showed her a picture of a Shih Tzu and a Pekingese. She was like "Hmm...interesting. Well, then I've got a Pekingese." Apparently she didn't research Shih Tzus before she went out and bought one. And on top of that, she got him from a puppy mill. At least she wasn't bothered by it being the wrong breed. She still comes in and Bubba (yeah, I know) is spoiled rotten... I just thought it was a good story.
Well that story sounded funny!
Good job my family have many years of experience with german shepherds! Don't think that will ever happen to us lol
Plus we groom otis ourselves lol!
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Chill out... I didn't mean to offend you. All we have around here are poorly bred German Shepherds, and I've never seen one with long hair so it interested me. I didn't say that you didn't know your own dog. Sorry if I made you angry. It was not my intention.

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

LOl thats ok! i thought you were one of those people who didn't believe was a german shepherd lol. thats ok lol!
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I printed the picture out and took it to work with me. One of the bathers that I work with has a german shepherd (use to have another but she passed away a few months ago from kidney or liver failure). She wanted me to tell you that she's jealous and wants your dog...lol

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Lol! He's mine lol!
sorry to hear about their other dog dying though.
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

It was bad when Covi died... The next week though, she aquired a boxer. So at least Tucker has a playmate now.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Jird Jostler

He is gorgeous, he looks a lot like a german shepard my gran had called jeddah.. she was cute.. died about 5 /6 years ago =]

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Jird Jostler

lol i put a smily face at the end of that =I it was meant to be =[

I'm Georgia,
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Jird Jostler

Yeh you oughta do a video

I'm Georgia,
post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your kind comments. He is 8 now!
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
RAT ADDICT

I know this is an old thread,but your dog is beautiful!
I LOVE shepherds.We used to have a couple.One of my favorite breeds.

Any recent pics?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
german shepherd, german shepherds, kennel club, puppy mill, shih tzu