"My dog does not sit for anyone" - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

"My dog does not sit for anyone"

Here's a good laugh for you all...
we get some weirdos from time to time in the store, and a lady the other day was no exception.

She came in with a beautiful Dobie. This dog was intimidating because of her beautiful bone structure and posture. She was most deff. a prime example of what the breed is all about.... so I figured, that she was a show dog.

I walked over to her, and asked if I could pet her...the owner gave me a stern look and said "well of course, she IS a show dog and IS used to being touched, if she weren't I wouldn't be showing her, and she wouldn't be winning."

After petting the dog, who had a beautiful coat as well, I asked if I could feed her a "healthy" treat. The owner agreed.. I made the mistake of telling the dog to sit... I figured that all dogs sit....especially one who is being shown...mmmboy was I wrong... I got the chewing out of a lifetime
"my dog is a westminster daughtor, and a champion of the eukunuba tournament of 19** (can't remember) She's won blah blah titles, and has been on the circut for a year, is top of her class in the state...she does NOT take commands from citizens....only from judges, maybe you should check with the owner before EVER insulting a show dog again!"

my goodness.... are all the show people like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 02:15 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Well Gee! Excuse you for living! Sheesh! No, now all show people are like that. I'm not a show breeder, but my Chow came from one and 2 of my dad's Golden's did...they were no where near like that! How awful! What a snob!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 02:41 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

My response would have been, "So she's so inbred that she doesn't understand a simple command like 'sit'?"

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 03:29 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
"So she's so inbred that she doesn't understand a simple command like 'sit'?"
Roz that's funny
OMG...snobs R us..... Geesh like mandie said excuse you for living.... If she is the type that has to be so rude towards other's that are just showing her dog a little bit of attention then she should just keep the dog at home where nobody can ever disturb her ways.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
My response would have been, "So she's so inbred that she doesn't understand a simple command like 'sit'?"

Rhonda

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotica
she does NOT take commands from citizens....only from judges, maybe you should check with the owner before EVER insulting a show dog again!"
Sounds like the owner was a tad embarrassed that her "show winning" dog can not obey simple commands. What a snooty patootie!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotica
"my dog is a westminster daughtor, and a champion of the eukunuba tournament of 19** (can't remember) She's won blah blah titles, and has been on the circut for a year, is top of her class in the state...she does NOT take commands from citizens....only from judges, maybe you should check with the owner before EVER insulting a show dog again!"
what a Hag