Photos! Is my dog the only dog who does this - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Is my dog the only dog who does this

I hope my dog isnt the only one who does this. He does this everytime me or my fiance andrew have a shower. He is always there as soon as you step into the shower always licking the shower curtain. Its weird though he has a huge bowl of water up stairs but yet choses to either drink out of our toilet or does this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Adolescent Pup

I don't know?? It's kinda funny though LOL...my dog licks EVERYTHING so if that's all your dog does that's strange then you have nothing to worry about. Maybe he like the warm moisture?????? Too Funny
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Our other dog harley does the same thing but nothing compared to winston. They both lick my fiances feet constantly if he doesnt have socks on. Winston also likes licking my socks which i think is pretty weird. That is true he could like the warmth of the water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

My dog doesn't lick the shower curtain.

He does however, lick us every time we get out of the shower. As soon as one of us steps out of the shower he goes nuts trying to lick the water off our legs and feet.

Kit loooves socks too. He steals them a lot and hides them in his bed and in his toy box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

winston tries that to on my feet though i push him away. lol winston does that sometimes but mostly its when i am to lazy to take socks up to my fiance i put them in his mouth and say take it to dad and he does. He once did it with our portable phone which was pretty cool. Now if only we lived in a house and got the newspaper he would be the perfect dog if he could fetch the paper.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Ha that's awesome, I have to train Kit to do that.

Is Winston a cocker spaniel? He's so cute! My family had a cocker spaniel but unfortunately she passed away in July.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I wish we could teach our other dog harley to do that but he doesnt really get it or if you give him socks he runs away with them and chews them. Yeah he is an american cocker spaniel. They are one of my favorite breeds. My family also had one as a family pet but that was a long time ago since he died of old age and now my family has a golden retriever.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Adolescent Pup

Spartacus actually gets IN the tub to lick the bottom dry...Orion licks my legs when I get out of the shower...but my cat Jasper is the weird one. He gets in the tub WHILE the shower is ON to lick the dripping water from the faucet....weirdo...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

He is cute. Cockers are a weird funny dog. My mom and I rised cockers before. They lick everything. Ours if were in the tub will try to lick the soap off you which is quite anoying then they do the licking were they try to get the tast out then repeat it. Cockers are Crazy but I love them.
Mom and I riased the American cockers. Here is my dog site to check it out if you want to see them. http://www.freewebs.com/thedogzpack/
there is a lot that has to be done the blond one named Millennium has pased but I have not brought my self to do that part of her page yet.
But thats a normal dog thing I think to lick something humen or shower curten.
Diamond

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks Its weird though my other dog i had as a kid never did anything like winston does. He was more the protector type though winston is too but not as much as my old dog chance. I do too they are one of my favorite breeds. My old dog chance was an american cocker spaniel and so is winston. I am not really a fan of the english cocker spaniels(though they are also gorgeous dogs too) your dog millennium is a gorgeous dog though all your dogs are very nice looking.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Thanks your cocker looks like ours that just passed. She was 13 and had cancer. She battled it for 3 years before she gave in. My chi has a habit of licking the couch the pillows the floor anything really.
I like the Eglish Cockers but not as much as the American. Our one dog Jedi mimmis mom sorta looks like one but she was the runt of the litter but truned out more like the feild kind which are the same except it look like my English Show and my English Feild Springer.
Our minnie we called her for short licked everything even us even after we had a bath she was bad for hands feet and legs she would root under the covers to get to them and it would get anoying but when they leave us even the anoying things are missed.
Diamond

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That sounds very weird but it is so sweet and lovely that she's very attached to both of you.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!

Tags
water, winston