my doggies on the trip - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

my doggies on the trip

Well now how can I share house pics and such without sharing pictures of my beautiful puppies on the trip as well.

First I'll post Legend. This little guy has a piece of my heart for sure. However, our landlord said only 4 dogs... PERIOD. So, as sad as it made me I choose to let my mom take him since he had taken to picking fights with the big dogs. I miss him terribly, but he is happy with mom and I'll get to see him.

Here he is thinking he's king of the van. LOL

another

and another.. notice Rebel peeking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Next I'll post Kalea. She is my beautiful girl, and I love her to pieces. Sadly, I had to let her go too. Since she's been spayed she has gotten very aggressive with small kids and the other dogs (odd I know). About a week ago she attacked Rebel and nearly took his eye out. $200 at the vet and Rebel is on the mend. That was however my wake up call. As much as I love her she posed a serious threat to my children and the other dogs.

I turned 14 people away, and was at the point of considering wether or not I should put her down when the perfect people came to see her. They didn't even flinch when Gazoo growled and barked at them. They adored her. She is the only dog and they have no small children. She is settling in nicely. I will always miss her.

I feel like I let them both down. I know I did what was best, but it still hurts. There won't be anymore dogs coming into my house anytime soon. My heart is still aching and raw from this ordeal.

Kalea

again

and one more
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Ok, on to Gazoo. He is such a character.

Some of the angles are odd, Jordan was trying to photograph going down the road and still stay buckled in.

sleeping standing up. what a goofball.

and one more. HEHE

There are way more, but these were the cutest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

and oh Rebel.... he is the master at getting the gentle leader off.

another.. he slept most of the driving time so there aren't a lot of pics of him.

and this one is cute

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

and Chewy.. he hates the gentle leader.

another

yep, another
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They're all such characters, Chrisanne!! I just love Gazoo!

You know in your heart you did the best for all involved when it comes to Kalea and Legend. You can still visit Legend too, which is nice. Try not to beat yourself up.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 03:46 PM

I agree with what Jade said Chrisanne.

Gazoo! What a goofball! Bach did that in the car with us a few times. We would laugh so loud at him it would end up waking him up! Maybe it's a shepherd thing!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 05:38 PM

Too cute, dont be hard on yourself you did what was best for her and your family.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 06:08 PM

Awwww Chrisanne {{{}}} You did what was best for them, and it wasn't your fault. Don't be too hard on yourself.

They're all adorable and gorgeous. Legend is such a doll! What a goofball Gazoo is... too cute
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, they are all adorable! You did the best thing, I know it must be sooo hard. Hugs

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 12:25 PM

They are gorgeous!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 01:40 PM

Chrisanne how beautiful they all are! I cannot get over how big Chewy is now Part of being a responsible pet owner is knowing when an animal might be better in a different home. You did all that you could to make sure that happened and I'm sure Legend and Kalea are happy and will always love you. As far as what anyone else thinks, who cares! We know you are a GREAT person!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks ya'll!! Knowing I have support without judgement really helps when it is hurting the most. I knew there wouldn't be judgement from you all because thats just not how things are done here, but it still is good to hear.

I really appreciate the support. I know they are well. Kalea is just across town and I can check in on her periodically and I can visit Legend too.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 03:50 PM

Chrisanne, I love all the pics they are all very much beautiful, Kalea is beautiful (I'm partial to rotties), and ya know our gidget got very aggressive after she was spayed, we went through about 4 months of pure H*** with her, but she is great now. I truly understand what it feels like to have to part with an animal because of moving and other reasons, so there is no reason to feel doubt about your decisions, you did what was best for both the pets and your family. At least you can check on both Legend and Kalea when you feel the need to .... I hated parting with "Zoey" however we weren't sure how things were going to work this time around over here, and now that we are here, we've adopted more (all will be going back with us), and we know Zoey is in a great home so all pays off in the end for the best
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Proud New Mommy

Chrisanne, I love all the pictures-- Gazoo looks so funny, though!! He is a cutie pie. All your dogs are so cute..

I agree with everyone else...
Don't be so hard on yourself. You know you did what was best for them in your heart.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau

Tags
pet owner, responsible pet owner