My evil plan has worked! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Talking My evil plan has worked!

My boyfriend grew up in the city and the only dog he has ever had was when he was a toddler. He has very few memories of the dog.

After I had Riley for a few months I casually mentioned how I would like to get another Bull Terrier in the future when we get our own place. I got "No, 2 dogs are enough. You don't need another one" I told him that I wasn't going to run out the door and get another dog today, (and even if I did, he couldn't stop me!) but maybe in a couple years I would really like to have another Bull Terrier. He says nope, 2 dogs are enough.

Fast forward to now.....He loves Riley so much that, well, it's almost borderline sickening. Every weekend when we he comes up here he makes a HUGE fuss over her. "There's my girl, I've missed you so much" (smooch, hugs, more hugs) "Here's another toy I bought for you" After the whole big scene is over, which takes approximately 15 minutes, I get "Hi honey" with a quick kiss. Then back to Riley "Oh, I've missed you so much!" Scarlette (my doberman) doesn't go with us to Jeff's on the weekends because she is so car sick that she will puke just backing out of the driveway. She is more than content to stay at home and sleep all day.

Last weekend he says "ya know, I wouldn't mind getting another dog just like her, except one that can hear." My evil plan has worked! He has officially turned into a dog lover!

BTW, his excuse for not wanting another deaf dog is that he worries about her so much. I'm more paranoid than he is, trust me, but I think I would be more than willing to do it again if the situation presented itself to us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:57 PM

Yay! I love evil plans that work
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Scarlette!! NOW if only you can come up with a plan to get him to buy that house & engagment ring hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Go you! So when do you get your new puppy?

Stephanie

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstybrat
Scarlette!! NOW if only you can come up with a plan to get him to buy that house & engagment ring hehe
I had a plan and it's been in the works for almost a year now. That didn't work out, so I gotta figure out a plan B. I think I'll threaten to leave him (which means he can't see Riley anymore) if he doesn't give me a ring NOW! Maybe that will do the trick!

I was laughing so hard last weekend. Jeff was laying on the couch and Riley jumped up, squeezed herself between his back and the couch and layed down behind him with her head and paw on his shoulder. Jeff pipes up "Look honey! The puppy is spooning with me!"

Steph, no new puppy for at least another year....but if something happens, I will drag out the camera AND the extension cord to post pics.

Rhonda

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Haha...Evil plans are the best!

When we got Harlie there were no plans on ever getting a second dog...and look at us now with three wiggles. LOL. Im still going to get my Boston some day! Haha...

Good luck with Plan B...

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Fertile Myrtle

Ha! I love it!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, I'm so glad!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:14 PM

LOL, evil plans are the best.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 10:58 PM

I can see you rubbing your hands together wickedly. You are masterful in the ways of evil! (I mean that as a compliment)
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 09:38 AM

You evil plan maker you! I love it! Don't feel bad, I'm the same way!!!
I think it's sweet that you've turned him into a dog lover!

So tell us Scarlette..... what's your next *plan*??
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnsweets
I can see you rubbing your hands together wickedly.
Actually Nicole, when I was telling one of my friends about it, I WAS rubbing my hands together!

Here's something pretty cool.....I visit the site where I found Riley about once a month. I love looking at all the cute puppies. Anyway, I found a breeder in MI. Yay! I emailed her through the site to ask for her email address (since they don't give it to you there) so I could contact her maybe next year for a puppy. The weird part is that her female's name is Riley too! We've been emailing back and forth now for almost a week, sharing funny stories about our dogs. I didn't know if some of the stuff Riley did was typical of the breed, or if it was just her being her. It turns out that both Riley's have similar habits, temperments, crazy antics, personalities ect. which made me happy since that is why I wanted another Bull Terrier.

Rhonda

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 11:41 AM

Muhahaha! That sounds so evil! I like evil! Hope you get Riley#2 some time. If they are so alike maybe they would get along.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 05:53 PM

hehe, evil plans are great. WAY TO GO!!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

I was telling Jeff yesterday how I found a breeder in MI and he said "Let's go get another puppy today!" I said "Are you insane? What happened to waiting another year?" He said "Riley needs a buddy she can rough and tumble with. Scarlette doesn't enjoy playing rough with her, so let's go get another puppy." Nope, not happening! It's way too soon. Riley is getting spayed and micro-chipped on the 31st and I still need to go through obedience training with her! It seems really bizarre that I'm the one saying no to another puppy right now.

Rhonda

Tags
bull terrier, obedience training